April 22, 2019, 08:01:18 AM

Author Topic: Assistant Coach Hirings/Firings  (Read 7832 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Re: Assistant Coach Hirings/Firings
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
ob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More
The Packers have hired Vanderbilt's Shawn Mennenga as special teams coach, a source said. It's a big hire for new Packers coach Matt LaFleur because the Packers ranked last in the NFL in special teams, according to Rick Gosselin's annual rankings. More on the hire to come on ESPN

This pretty much covers the coaching staff.  Will probably add an assistant O line coach and another secondary coach.  Haven't heard anything about strength and conditioning so I have to assume they will retain staff.  As someone pointed out maybe they are looking to add someone from the Rams- we will know soon enough

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »
ob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More
The Packers have hired Vanderbilt's Shawn Mennenga as special teams coach, a source said. It's a big hire for new Packers coach Matt LaFleur because the Packers ranked last in the NFL in special teams, according to Rick Gosselin's annual rankings. More on the hire to come on ESPN

This pretty much covers the coaching staff.  Will probably add an assistant O line coach and another secondary coach.  Haven't heard anything about strength and conditioning so I have to assume they will retain staff.  As someone pointed out maybe they are looking to add someone from the Rams- we will know soon enough

Retaining the strength and conditioning staff? This has been a continuing problem for the Packers, especially pulled muscles and hamstrings. Yes, it happens around the league, but keeping the old staff in place seems to be telling the team and fans that nothing can be done to prevent these sorts of injuries.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2019, 11:26:37 AM »
ob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
 3m3 minutes ago
More

Retaining the strength and conditioning staff? This has been a continuing problem for the Packers, especially pulled muscles and hamstrings. Yes, it happens around the league, but keeping the old staff in place seems to be telling the team and fans that nothing can be done to prevent these sorts of injuries.

We don't know if MLF will have a S/C philosophy that he may want the staff to employ.

If so, we could see a change in the type of S/C regime from what has been used in the past.

I remember, at some point in his tenure, MM changed from resistance training to free weights, and then later added more flexibility training as well.

It all starts from the top (MLF) and trickles down.