January 18, 2019, 05:27:10 AM

Author Topic: Assistant Coach Hirings/Firings  (Read 3481 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Assistant Coach Hirings/Firings
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
Campen leaving for Cleveland

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2019, 05:35:12 PM »
Campen leaving for Cleveland

Not good.

Offline pilprin

• Rookie
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »
Hopefully some key spots get set this week. Hackett, Dorrell, and.....I have no idea about OL coaches. I wonder if an Assistant OL coach at SF or the Rams will be targeted. Maybe even Jacksonville if Hackett is added.

Online Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2019, 07:20:25 PM »
Hopefully some key spots get set this week. Hackett, Dorrell, and.....I have no idea about OL coaches. I wonder if an Assistant OL coach at SF or the Rams will be targeted. Maybe even Jacksonville if Hackett is added.

I think that they will try to block anyone that comes asking. Especially Matt Lafleur as his offense is basically compatible with the coaches from the 49ers and Rams.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2019, 10:30:06 PM »
We all wanted a shakeup, a changing of the guard, an end to the "country club atmosphere", and have everyone fighting for their jobs. Well, we've gotten our wish. Is everyone happy now? Of course not. But unless you think the Packers OL has shown improvement and that the backups have shown steady improvement, you either look at the players or the coaching. Apparently the organization decided it was time for a fresh . And a complete break from the MM complacency era.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 01:53:31 AM »
Monkin heading to Brown's to be O.C.  Wonder if ML will look at any of the teams assistant coaches that lost this weekend
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:15:40 AM by MO.Pack »

Online MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 04:49:28 AM »
DiFillipo was a hot commodity just last year and with the packers having to face Minnesota twice a year might be advantageous for the hire.  Even though it sounds like he went  rogue against Zimmer his background is from the Ried and Peterson tree which ML could also use.  Like the post said above he would not have the playcalling.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »
Hard to believe, but after reading this, I'm jealous of the Browns ability to create a coaching staff (other than HC):

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/browns-announce-nine-additions-to-freddie-kitchens-staff/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
Hackett is New OC

Offline te43

• Rookie
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 03:36:41 PM »

Assistant OL coach for SF has ties to Wisconsin. 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »
Pack hires Nate Hackett as OC.  Former Jags OC.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:55:50 PM by The GM »

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »
Pack hires Nate Hackett as OC.  Former Jags OC.

Saw that in the BR tean stream. Not sure how I feel about that. He did make things happen with Bortles for about a half of a season, but curious as to how innovative he is.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline phanatic1

• All Pro
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 04:22:16 PM »
Looks like the Hackett hiring is official.  Sounds like ex-Miami Special Teams coach Darren Rizzi is going to be in for an interview.  And, ex-Miami Ass't Head Coach Shawn Jefferson is going to follow him in - probably for the WR coach spot. 

Hackett is pretty well versed in the style of offense LaFleur wants to employ and is thought of pretty well.  He didn't have much with Bortles in Jax, but brings a pretty long history with him.  Rizzi has had the Dolphins in the top 10 of special teams play several seasons, so he has had some success with those units.  Jefferson is an ex-player and has helped to develop some good WR's in Miami.  He is probably best known for his time as the Lions WR coach when Calvin Johnson rose up to be one of the top WR's in the league. 

Seems like all of these guys are all pretty well thought of around the league and would bring in some new ideas and have some results to show for their work. 

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2019, 06:28:22 AM »
Vikes tagged Kubiak as an "offensive adviser." Competition is getting stiff in the NFC North.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »
Packers should get on the horn ASAP and get DeGugliemo in GB. He would be an excellent replacement for Campen. He will be highly sought after.

Mike Garafolo
ā€¸Verified account @MikeGarafolo
4h4 hours ago

Stunner: The #Colts are letting OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo go, sources say. That line made tremendous leaps this season. But Frank Reich wants his own guy. DeGuglielmo was the only offensive coach Josh McDaniels had hired. Reich is actually recommending him to other coaches.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 12:39:01 PM by whiterook87 »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.