August 20, 2019, 09:47:57 AM

Author Topic: football dad 1st mock  (Read 788 times)

Offline footballdad

• Starter
football dad 1st mock
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:42:09 AM »
Assuming all needs cannot be filled and be an instant superbowl threat in year one. Year two, yes.

Free agent signings:
No pass rushers.....all tagged most likely.

Baushaud Breeland - CB
Landon Collins - S
Muhammed Wilkerson - DT
Golden Tate - WR

1 - #12 - Devin White ILB - LSU
1 - #30 - Montez Sweat - Edge - Mississippi State ( yeah, think Rams beat Saints )
2 - #44 - Dalton Risner - G/T - Kansas State
3 - #76 - T.J. Hockenson - TE - Iowa
4 - #107 - Shareef Miller - Edge - Penn State
4 - #111 - Max Scharping - T - Northern Illinois
5 - #139 - Devin Bush - ILB - Michigan
6 - #171 - Hunter Renfrow - SWR - Clemson
6 - #179 - Jonathan Ledbetter - DT - Georgia
7 - #202 - Jonathan Abram - S - Mississippi State

or trade #12 and #30 and move up to #4 and get Josh Allen or Clelin Ferrell.

Offline Uncle Josh

• Rookie
Re: football dad 1st mock
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 07:53:02 AM »
I like this plan. You're probably right that all the top pass rushers in FA will get tagged. I would also like a trade-up to get Allen... but I think we'd also have to throw in our 2nd to maybe get to the third pick, as I don't think he makes it past there(if he doesn't go first or second pick). Impact EDGE rushers have never been at a higher premium and if we can get a guy who could be even better potentially than Khalil Mack-- we need to take a shot at that. I'm not as impressed by the TE draft class this year as some others. I'd rather bring back Marcedes Lewis and use him correctly, cut ties with Graham and maybe bring in Jesse James than use a high draft pick. I'd rather use our draft capital to upgrade our pass rush, O and D lines and maybe get an explosive receiving tailback to pair with Aaron Jones. I like your FA plan, but I believe we'd have to seriously overpay to get Collins away from New York, as they'll most likely slap him with the transition tag(if not the franchise). I wanted to draft Golden Tate and would love to see him in the slot for GB. Overall, a nice effort. Kudos!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »
I like this plan. You're probably right that all the top pass rushers in FA will get tagged. I would also like a trade-up to get Allen... but I think we'd also have to throw in our 2nd to maybe get to the third pick, as I don't think he makes it past there(if he doesn't go first or second pick). Impact EDGE rushers have never been at a higher premium and if we can get a guy who could be even better potentially than Khalil Mack-- we need to take a shot at that. I'm not as impressed by the TE draft class this year as some others. I'd rather bring back Marcedes Lewis and use him correctly, cut ties with Graham and maybe bring in Jesse James than use a high draft pick. I'd rather use our draft capital to upgrade our pass rush, O and D lines and maybe get an explosive receiving tailback to pair with Aaron Jones. I like your FA plan, but I believe we'd have to seriously overpay to get Collins away from New York, as they'll most likely slap him with the transition tag(if not the franchise). I wanted to draft Golden Tate and would love to see him in the slot for GB. Overall, a nice effort. Kudos!

goodpost

Well played Uncle Josh and also some great ideas by FBD. I might have a couple different names to throw in a couple spots, but give credit where it's due.

Nice FA/Draft plan and a nice critique.

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
Actually as far as free agent FS goes, would be just as happy with Boston or Phillips.
Trading up to # 4, I think you get Allen or Ferrell. Would be happy with either one. If Saints lose and we pick 30, trade chart works for the Raiders #4 and 7th for #12 and #30.
Could Gruden resist 4 1st round picks?
Also as far as the 2nd round pick goes, would be just as happy with Lindstrom from B.C.
Thanks guys.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:53 PM »
Excellent post FBD. Good positional picks, decent FA. But how about getting a TE there also? https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/tight-end/

So, some familiar names there. But the Packers also have to start scheming to make effective use of the position. Maybe MLF could resurrect the career of Graham, or find a way to make the TE a regular part of the offense. But, yes, especially signing Landon Collins.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »
 Nice mock, think Sweat will probably be our 1st pick though. FA will be tough, may land a good player or two. The Colts will probably be a major destination for the top players being a playoff team with 100 million in cap space. Some other teams out there with tons of cap space that will be overpaying for top FA's also. I think we will keep some of our own and overpay for a key player, not expecting too much being in a coaching rebuild.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 06:05:57 PM »
Actually as far as free agent FS goes, would be just as happy with Boston or Phillips.
Trading up to # 4, I think you get Allen or Ferrell. Would be happy with either one. If Saints lose and we pick 30, trade chart works for the Raiders #4 and 7th for #12 and #30.
Could Gruden resist 4 1st round picks?
Also as far as the 2nd round pick goes, would be just as happy with Lindstrom from B.C.
Thanks guys.

Lindstrom is a plug & play RG.

I'd take him with either the late 1st rounder or the 2nd rounder.

Use FA to sign a RT and a Safety (I like Mathieu). Then draft a RT in the 4th as well.
Making a play for Golden Tate is a solid idea, and I like your idea on Lewis and Jesse James.
I've been on board for keeping Breeland for quite some time.

Gotta give new HC a chance to move the offense forward with a rebuilt OL. It has worked well for INDY. With a good OL the offense might rejuvinate sooner than later.

Filling holes in defense with rest of the draft makes sense. But that's probably a 2 yr rebuild because it has more holes.

Drafting a RB like Darrell Henderson (Memphis) would give ML another Aaron Jones type RB, so you don't burn AJ out.