June 24, 2019, 05:18:48 AM

Author Topic: Morgan Burnett requests release from Steelers  (Read 1074 times)

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Morgan Burnett requests release from Steelers
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:01:32 PM »
Do we want him back?
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
Re: Morgan Burnett requests release from Steelers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
I guess I would ask...what has made him better since we let him walk.

Packers need to put Safety a higher priority on improving the Defense.

Last years draft gave us the opportunity to draft a All Pro safety(James) but we took Alexander instead and the Chargers took James next pick

I would venture to guess maybe getting a safety like James is harder than getting a CB to shore up the secondary

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »
No, not interested. Look at his stats during his time with the Packers, and see if there is a trend in tackling: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5708/morgan-burnett

Though if the Packers are going to bring back former players, how about Shields? He just caught a pass to get convert a fourth down. Then get Taysom Hill from NO, Cook from Oakland. See if Peppers is available. What the heck, see if Jacke or Longwell are still able to kick. Or, the team could move forward. Unless living in the past is seen as a better alternative:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-most-important-line-in-star-wars-is-an-ode-to-the-p-1830268309
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 12:31:32 PM »
No, he was vastly overrated when he was here.

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »
Pettine’s scheme has DBs playing all over the field. His primary complaint in PIT is that he was played out of position and essentially as a LB. I wouldn’t be surprised if Pettine would want to use him the same way so no.  Also, GB needs someone that can get turnovers at the safety position when Pettine draws up his zone blitzes and that is not his strength. Turnovers in the secondary primarily come from playing zone.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »
Hell no. He got way overpaid to stay here last time. Another TT in house money burn. He can go elswhere.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 05:19:58 AM »
Afraid to tackle and was not very good in pass coverage.  I'll pass.  Save your money for someone good like Earl Thomas!