February 16, 2019, 06:34:03 PM

Author Topic: senior bowl  (Read 1150 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
senior bowl
« on: January 20, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »
Here are some players I want to hear about this week at the Senior Bowl

Issabella WR Massachusets- a quick slot who should go mid rounds
Sharping OL Northern Illinois
Jelks- Edge  Oregon-  Will be interesting to see how he plays in space
Ferguson  Edge  La Tech-  All time leader in sacks in NCAA - will be important to see how he plays against better talent
Adderley- Safety  Delaware-  some have him rated as best small school player- yes he is related to Herb

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Re: senior bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:17:45 AM »
Isabella and Adderley both looked like they can play.

I think the latter is related to the former HOF Green Bay CB.

I really like Isabella and think he can eventually play a No 2 to Adams.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 10:40:24 AM »
Tyree Jackson is also an interesting prospect at QB.

The guy is 6' 7" and has a big arm.  He needs to sit and learn and practice for a couple of years but he can be good I think.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:55:09 AM »
 Zack Allen, Juan Thornhill and Nasir Adderly all showed they deserve their hype. RB/WRS/KR/PR Tony Pollard would be a really good one for us. WR Keelan Doss, WR Terry McLauren, RB Wes Hills and DB Lonnie Johnson were impressive.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 11:32:47 AM »
I wanted to see how the big guys did at the Senior Bowl, The comments below relate to Tony Pauline's thoughts (he was reporting on the Senior Boowl week with Chris Tripodi) on who among the big guys showed well during the week.

OT Dillard (Wash St.), OG Lindstrom (Boston College), OG Javon Patterson (Ole Miss) and Chuma Edoge were good looking o linemen. Dalton Risner got better through the week, as well.

DLs who impressed included Khalen Saunders (W.Illinois), Anthony Nelson (Iowa), Byron Cowart (Maryland)
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 12:09:57 PM »
Tyree Jackson is also an interesting prospect at QB.

The guy is 6' 7" and has a big arm.  He needs to sit and learn and practice for a couple of years but he can be good I think.

This is what I was thinking. He could be a better version of Cam Newton if he gets the right coaching and enough practice.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 12:48:47 PM »
The Senior Bowl gave a good look at who was, and wasn't accurate.

Winners (through the practice week) were Dan Jones (Duke) and maybe the overall best prospect was Auburn's Jarrett Stidham. As for the rest, inaccurate. Not a great year for the QB position. Lock and Jackson had too many misses.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline bmaafi

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »
That's interesting, everything I read was pretty much the exact opposite with the QBs. Jones struggled and probably dropped a bit. Lock was the most consistent from what I read from a few sites. Stidham didn't impress nor drop. Jackson though looked very raw. Different people see different see things I guess.

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
The Senior Bowl could be the beginning of Really sner’s push into the first round. Was really hoping to snag him in the second...
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 03:46:46 PM »
The Senior Bowl could be the beginning of Really sner’s push into the first round. Was really hoping to snag him in the second...
Looks like you might have an auto-correct issue going on here, but I will assume you are talking about Dalton Risner. He seems to be locked into a late 1st, early 2nd slot. I don't think he was ever going to last until the pack's 2nd rounder, as he is one of the top Offensive lineman in this year's draft. He is a super-versatile athlete who has looks like he can excel anywhere along the line (except maybe left tackle). Tough, smart, durable, with a pretty high floor. Very unlikely to bust. Unless he tests very badly at the combine or has an undisclosed injury, IMO he will go in the first round.

Risner, Cody Ford, Lindstrom and Herbig are all on my list of O-lineman I hope the packers are looking at. I also like Dieter and Max Sharping.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 04:05:02 PM »
OG - Lindstrom in the 2nd
OT - Kaleb McCrary with 4a
G/T - Alex Bars with 6a (his stock is down due to injury)

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »
Looks like you might have an auto-correct issue going on here, but I will assume you are talking about Dalton Risner. He seems to be locked into a late 1st, early 2nd slot. I don't think he was ever going to last until the pack's 2nd rounder, as he is one of the top Offensive lineman in this year's draft. He is a super-versatile athlete who has looks like he can excel anywhere along the line (except maybe left tackle). Tough, smart, durable, with a pretty high floor. Very unlikely to bust. Unless he tests very badly at the combine or has an undisclosed injury, IMO he will go in the first round.

Risner, Cody Ford, Lindstrom and Herbig are all on my list of O-lineman I hope the packers are looking at. I also like Dieter and Max Sharping.
Thank you for your correction.  Definitely Risner.  The early reports that I saw of him were that he was a mid-second grade in a weak year for OL and that he could rise as a result of the weak OL crop.  The latest reports are that he his grade has risen as a result of his showings.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2019, 03:35:52 PM »

Talk to me about McCrary (because I am too lazy to look him up myself)   :D

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »

Just took my first look at him and watched the Washington- Ohio State game. Typical college RT type, big physical mauler. When he would get his hands on someone they usually were done, but seems very heavy footed and repeatedly was beaten by speed rushers. Did not see him complete a single block in space. Will be surprised if he tests very well at the combine. Guessing that if he has a future in the NFL it will be at guard. Also comes with a health concern in that he has already had 3 procedures for a heart arrhythmia and after the combine medicals could see his name removed from draft boards for that alone.

Not a great first impression, but it was only one game and he may very well have been playing with some sort of injury that hurt his mobility. I will wait for his combine number before diving deeper. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 07:45:56 PM »

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/595760/kaleb-mcgary-nfl-draft-stock-rises-senior-bowl/

started every Washington game of the last three seasons, was named All-Pac-12 First Team in 2017 and 2018, and won the Morris Trophy as the conference’s best O-lineman for 2018. He has some significant NFL Draft buzz building around him coming out of last week’s Senior Bowl, too

“The one guy that all of the folks I talked to kinda gave rave reviews was maybe the one name that’s talked about the least, and that’s Kaleb McGary,”

After talking to draft experts that watched the Fife product throughout the week in Mobile, Ala., Huard said McGary is now believed to be an early-round target for April’s draft.

“Everybody talked about (fellow UW lineman) Trey Adams for year after year after year – well, remember Kaleb McGary won the Morris Trophy, which goes to the top O-lineman in the Pac-12 as voted on by the defensive linemen,” Huard said of the 6-foot-6, 318-pound McGary. “He’s also a massive guy, a tremendous athlete, I think a really good right tackle fit, and according to some of those guys they do not think he’d get beyond the second round of this draft.”

Truthfully, I think RT is right. McCrary is a work in progress and he does lack "elite" athleticism, which may limit his ceiling.
But he has "heart", as evidenced by his health issue and family misfortune, and heart can't be measured as to how far it can take a player in an NFL career. I'll give Mark Tauscher as an example.......the "Pillsbury Doughboy" as Ron Wolf called him. Wolf never thought he'd make the team.

Combine, ProDay's, and interviews will shed more light on Kaleb and other prospects potentially on the Packers Board. Grab your clip boards, penciled, and stop watches.