August 20, 2019, 08:50:23 AM

Author Topic: senior bowl  (Read 1883 times)

Online RT

• HOF Member
Re: senior bowl
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 05:14:53 AM »
After reading your post, I watched some of the Senior Bowl practice clips and the one thing that was constant was no one beat him with power. He stonewalled every bull rush attempted on him. Will at some point go back and watch more of his games, but looked very good at the Senior bowl compared to the Ohio State game. Still not sold he can handle NFL edge speed, but that is why they pay the scouts the big bucks and I drink coffee and watch clips on the internet.   

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2019, 03:17:42 PM »
Speed does present a challenge for him, but what personnel people will have to gauge is whether it's an inherent lack of talent/athletic ability or is it a matter of footwork/technique.

Anyway, there will be other options in the draft.

Besides Bak and Bulaga the other OT's already on the roster are:

Alex Light G/T
Adam Pankey G/T
Gerhard de Beer T

Maybe they wait until 4th-5th round to draft a D&D OT to develop, since it looks like Bulaga will be staying (unless someone has heard differently). I've come to accept that he will stay.

Online RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »
You forgot Jason Spriggs on your list of current Tackles.

Their was a quote from Gute not to long ago about Light and it makes me think that the Packers are fairly high on him (I searched for it and come up empty, but will keep looking). I may be reading the tea leaves wrong here, but I find it interesting that 2 days after Light got his first extended regular season game action the Packers released Kyle Murphy after carrying all season on IR. At that point it would of cost the Packers nothing to keep Murphy for the 2019 training camp. Just coincidence or does it mean something?