April 22, 2019, 07:12:53 AM

Author Topic: The Saints were robbed.  (Read 466 times)

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
The Saints were robbed.
« on: January 22, 2019, 05:56:47 AM »
The no call at the end of that game just sucked! Rumors that they may start to allow coaches to challenge pass interference calls.
“What’s going on out there”

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
Re: The Saints were robbed.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:36:57 AM »
It gets worse. The INT Brees threw was caused by a blow to the helmet, also unflagged. There were three blows to the head/helmet to helmet hits by the Rams that went unflagged when the league is supposedly cracking down on that for safety. Inexcusable for none of them to be called.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 07:53:49 AM »
I agree on all points.

The Saints should be in the SB.

And if it s was not for a stupid neutral zone infraction, the Chiefs would be also.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:10:29 AM »
Another rumor going around is that the NFL wanted the Rams in the SB to build up their fan base. Because so much money has been spent on the move to LA and the new stadium being built. Apparently most of the fans in the seats at Ram home games are for the opposing team. Not saying it’s true, just throwing it out there.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 09:04:10 AM »
 It has been a giant circus for years and Gooddell has been the lead clown. Should have been fixed long ago, happens every years in the playoffs. Blow the damn plays dead, get calls right when all of America can call BS watching the game.

Offline yourout

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 10:16:40 AM »
Here is my idea for improving replay and overtime.
Create a secondary list of things that are reviewable but will cost you one of your challenges even if you win. Pass interference, roughing the QB, etc.

Overtime will be like college except start at the 30 and no kicks....period. No FGs and no extra points. All TDs must be 2 point attempts.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
Unfortunately, the NFL is loving this: the controversy means no one is talking about anything else.

ok, a few people are talking about the liberal shits who are doxing and threatening those covington kids.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 03:49:23 PM »
...Or talking about the conservative assholes threatening the Parkland kids...

Or is that too far removed to be remembered...

Neither “side” ( which is itself a shitty thing to post) has a monopoly on shitty people
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:56:50 PM by ThatGuy284 »

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
Cmon guys, no politics.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
There were two facemasks missed on the saints, which very well could have led to a rams win in regulation. I'm surprised how many people are rooting for the saints. They lose, we pick sooner. They ran a bounty program for their lone superbowl win, and.... like I said, calls were missed for both sides. They just happened to miss on the saints last.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 10:36:53 PM »
Oh yea, and the saints had the play clock hit zero twice without flags. Time to get over it.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 12:46:17 PM »
Don’t think anyone needs to get over it. I didn’t care if the Saints or the Rams won. But the non call at the end of the game was so blatant, that you have to wonder what is going on with the officiating? Would have said the same thing if it had gone against the Rams. One of the worst non calls ever seen.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 01:38:27 PM »
Oh yea, and the saints had the play clock hit zero twice without flags. Time to get over it.

Correct, but I remember Brees getting facemasked and hit in the head twice and they were non-calls.

I'm fine with the Rams winning. They were the "Cinderella" team this year anyway. Hollywood glitz. They put all their chips in to make a run this year and it worked.

I'd like to see Brees get to the big dance one more time though. Class act. Maybe next year. They got a lot of talent.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 08:52:42 PM »
Don’t think anyone needs to get over it. I didn’t care if the Saints or the Rams won. But the non call at the end of the game was so blatant, that you have to wonder what is going on with the officiating? Would have said the same thing if it had gone against the Rams. One of the worst non calls ever seen.

Apparently, I saw a headline that all the refs are tied to southern California in some way and the NFL is worried they threw the game. But that still wouldn't explain all the missed calls against saints.