February 16, 2019, 05:20:08 PM

Author Topic: Pre-Combine Mock Draft  (Read 452 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Pre-Combine Mock Draft
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:25:05 AM »
I'm just talking draft at this point. Green Bay has a lot of holes and the picks are based on several discussions/websites/and WAGs (wild a-- guesses)

!st pick #12- Simmons, if he falls if not Ferrell This gives the Packers another pass rusher if either player is chosen

2nd pick #30-Polite (EDGE from FL.) some have him going earlier, but think this is his spot. If he's taken, Adderly-safety from Delaware

3rd pick 2nd round-Dillard, OT from WA State. If he's gone, Greg Little-OT from MS

4th pick 3rd round-David Montgomery-RB Iowa St. He's a strong one-cut runner who can catch.

5th pick 4th round-Penny Hart-WR from Ga. State He's small but would be the Packer's returner and slot receiver

6th pick 4th round-Jaquan Johnson-FS from Miami. If he tests well at the Combine, he'll never make it this far.

7th pick 5th round-Josh Oliver-TE from San Jose State

8th pick 6th round-Olisameka Udoh-OT from Elon Probably moved to guard, but a really big guy with quick feet.

9th pick 6th round-Anfree Jennings-Edge from AL. He had surgery two years ago and this last season just getting over it. May be diamond in rough.

10 pick 7th round-Terry Godwin-WR from GA. Seems to have the speed and runs good routes. MVP of the Shrine game

This mock is way to early depending on how some do at the Combine. I have 4 defensive player chosen and 6 for the offense. Green Bay needs EDGE rushers and they get two. Strengthen the Dline and add an impact player at Safety.
They get two offensive linemen, a RB, two wide-outs and a TE. I do think they will try to draft a ILb, but better chances of them getting one in FA.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
Re: Pre-Combine Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:39 AM »
 Good group, would be realistic to see that group drafted, maybe in a different order after the combine. I had Simmons as my top player, but removed him from my board after seeing that video of him, too bad.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:44:24 AM »
I know they have interviewed Udoh at the Sr. Bowl, but he played really poorly while there. Not sure how they will view that.

Same with Dillard, who I was high on until recently.

I'm sure they will remain on Gute's radar, but they've got to show more than what they did at the Sr. Bowl.

The OT that caught my eye, as well as many others was USC OT Chuma Edoga.

He doesn't have the classic body type you look for in an OT (6-4/295) but he has ridiculous long arms (36.5") and is strong. He's nearly an identical body type to David Bakhtiari (Combine measurements were 6-4/299/34" arms). Edoga has smooth gliding footwork and great use of hands and arms to keep defenders from getting into his body. He was listed as a 3rd-5th type player at WalterFootball, but I would guess that now, after the Sr. Bowl, he's moved up on many draft boards. He may be a late 2nd/early 3rd pick. Some may see him as an OG, but with his excellent footwork and technique he should stay at OT.

OG, Chris Lindstrom, has been my OG choice since back in November, and he played very well at the Sr. Bowl. He's a plug n' play type player at RG.

Love the Penny Hart pick. Hope he's still there in the 4th. He made a name for himself at the Sr. Bowl. Would love to get him. He'd be dynamite from the slot.

Same with Josh Oliver. He was difficult to cover and caught everything thrown at him. He may have moved up the boards as well.

Lot's to like about the quality of this draft. But several are going to go earlier than you may be hoping.

twocents)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
Nice work as usual Hands.

I agree Hands that it is way to early because of the lack of info so far, but why not throw a little something out there.

Agree with SET4YRS in that Simmons is just not an option for me and will hold my breath that the Packers do not go down that avenue. To watch a man his size punch a woman in the face with the force he did is just to much to stomach for me.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 04:04:25 PM »
This would be nice, and I saw some professional mocks that had us taking Polite at 30 as well. But I severely doubt he lasts past pick 20 at the very latest. Could be gone before we pick. I'd like White at 12 and Polite at 30, but I just dont see that coming to fruition haha
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »
This would be nice, and I saw some professional mocks that had us taking Polite at 30 as well. But I severely doubt he lasts past pick 20 at the very latest. Could be gone before we pick. I'd like White at 12 and Polite at 30, but I just dont see that coming to fruition haha

But........................you just told me "no way"!??  ;D 8)

just funn'in.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 07:13:50 AM »
Thanks everyone for the comments.
From what I read about Simmons after the attack is that he's turned over his life and was a great leader for the team this year. Doesn't excuse what he did, just maybe what he is now. Do you ever know the heart of people? I remember a OT from Abilene Christian University that was rated as a second round pick, but was a sexual predator. His story ran in the Dallas paper and it was a cousin (don't know if it was a second or first) underage that seduced him. She even admitted it, but was underage and he was label as a predator and went undrafted. He signed as a UDFA and I think he's a starter in the league as a LT. I have no idea if he's a model citizen or a reprobate but he's never been in the news as a troublemaker. I write the story not to condone Simmons' action only that a person's real character can be clouded if you judge him by only one incident.

All that said....if Simmons isn't picked or isn't there Ferrell would provide a solid threat as a pass rusher/run stopper. I wish I could remember where I read it but an article compared Polite to Suggs in how they would test at the Combine and why Polite may even slide in the 2nd round. That's why I had him available at 30.

Never sure about the OTs but believe the Packer's scouts will make a better choice than I would. One thing I did get a kick out of was reading the practice reports from the Senior Bowl. Jim Nagy on Tony Pauline's website wrote that Drew Lock hurt his status more than any other player. Then you read how Drew Lock may be the third QB picked because of his performance in the Senior Bowl. So who's right, I have no idea.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 06:25:41 PM »
I'll throw some names out there for you.

Pick   Option A   Option B   Option C   Option D   Option E   Option F

1A   
Josh Allen
Edge/Kentucky   

Devin White
LB/LSU   

Clelin Ferrell
DT/Clemson   

1B   
Cody Ford
G/Oklahoma   

Jaylen Ferguson/EDGE