July 16, 2019, 10:25:08 PM

Author Topic: Final pre-Combine Mock w/ FA  (Read 930 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Final pre-Combine Mock w/ FA
« on: January 31, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »
Packers create a little more wiggle room on the cap and cut Tramon Williams (cap savings $4.75M). He's 36 and this team is getting younger out of necessity.
Also............may consider walking away from Mike Daniels. Save additional $8.3M. Not sure, but he may have been one of the guys Bak was talking about. Also, injury and age may be catching up with him.

Packers own FA's to keep:
UFA - CB Bashaud Breeland (3 yr), TE Marcedes Lewis (1 yr) to help with transition. He played for OC Hackett in JAX.
RFA - WR/Geronimo Allison
ERFA's - G/T Justin McCray, G Lucas Patrick, G/T Adam Panky, WR Jake Kumerow, DT Fadol Brown, TE Robert Tonyan, OLB Reggie Gilbert

UFA's to pursue and sign:
ILB Jordan Hicks (PHIL)
S Adrian Amos (CHI)
RB Mike Davis (SEA)

Draft:
1a (#12) Trade with Pitt. Receive #20 and #52.
#20. Jachai Polite/Edge-OLB/Florida

1b (#30) Juan Thornhill/S/UVA

2a (#44) Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

2b (#52) Chuma Edoga/OT/USC

3   (#76) Kahlen Smith/NT-DT/Western Illinois

4a (#108) Joe Jackson/Edge-OLB/Miami

4b (#112) Darrell Henderson/RB/Memphis

5   (#140) C J Conrad/TE/Kentucky

6a (#172) Alex Bars/G-T/ Notre Dame

6b (#182) Mecole Hardman/WR-KR/Georgia

7  (#204) Jordan Brown/CB/South Dakota St.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Final pre-Combine Mock w/ FA
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »
Guessing you mean Khalen Saunders, I like his upside also, he made himself some money at the Senior Bowl.

A lot is yet to be determined, but I think Edoga may have some issues and would be surprised if anyone rolled the dice on him that early. But I have been proven wrong before.

Matt Miller

Verified account

@nfldraftscout
 Jan 26

More
FWIW, I've heard from over 10 teams that Chuma Edoga is going to get knocked for respect, attitude, work ethic. USC did not give him rave reviews. One scout called him "Ereck Flowers". He has intriguing tools and athleticism, though. Only takes one team.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 04:08:47 PM »
Packers create a little more wiggle room on the cap and cut Tramon Williams (cap savings $4.75M). He's 36 and this team is getting younger out of necessity.
Also............may consider walking away from Mike Daniels. Save additional $8.3M. Not sure, but he may have been one of the guys Bak was talking about. Also, injury and age may be catching up with him.

Packers own FA's to keep:
UFA - CB Bashaud Breeland (3 yr), TE Marcedes Lewis (1 yr) to help with transition. He played for OC Hackett in JAX.
RFA - WR/Geronimo Allison
ERFA's - G/T Justin McCray, G Lucas Patrick, G/T Adam Panky, WR Jake Kumerow, DT Fadol Brown, TE Robert Tonyan, OLB Reggie Gilbert

UFA's to pursue and sign:
ILB Jordan Hicks (PHIL)
S Adrian Amos (CHI)
RB Mike Davis (SEA)

Draft:
1a (#12) Trade with Pitt. Receive #20 and #52.
#20. Jachai Polite/Edge-OLB/Florida

1b (#30) Juan Thornhill/S/UVA

2a (#44) Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

2b (#52) Chuma Edoga/OT/USC

3   (#76) Kahlen Smith/NT-DT/Western Illinois

4a (#108) Joe Jackson/Edge-OLB/Miami

4b (#112) Darrell Henderson/RB/Memphis

5   (#140) C J Conrad/TE/Kentucky

6a (#172) Alex Bars/G-T/ Notre Dame

6b (#182) Mecole Hardman/WR-KR/Georgia

7  (#204) Jordan Brown/CB/South Dakota St.

I hope we dont trade back, but if we did, I doubt we would get Polite at 20.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
Probably right shine.

Just having some fun with it.

Many drafts have Packers taking him at #12. Even looked at Daniel Jeremiah's mock where Polite wasn't even in the 1st round. Several had him going anywhere from #16 to #25.

Since most mock's don't hit a bull in the fanny with a handle full of gravel, I thought..........Why not at #20?!  thumbsup)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »
Guessing you mean Khalen Saunders, I like his upside also, he made himself some money at the Senior Bowl.

A lot is yet to be determined, but I think Edoga may have some issues and would be surprised if anyone rolled the dice on him that early. But I have been proven wrong before.

Matt Miller

Verified account

@nfldraftscout
 Jan 26

More
FWIW, I've heard from over 10 teams that Chuma Edoga is going to get knocked for respect, attitude, work ethic. USC did not give him rave reviews. One scout called him "Ereck Flowers". He has intriguing tools and athleticism, though. Only takes one team.

Thanks RT. Yes, Khalen.................typing faster than my eys can keep up!

Had not heard that about Edoga. Will bear watching through the Combine. Thanks for the info.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 07:34:17 AM »
I like the players and I had not heard that negative about Edoga. The Combine isn't just physical performances, but also to see medical issues and attitudes a player has. I'll always remember the ILB from Alabama that was a great talent but showed his true colors at the Combine, Ruben Foster, and he fell to the bottom of the first round. The 49ers have since cut him.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
Probably right shine.

Just having some fun with it.

Many drafts have Packers taking him at #12. Even looked at Daniel Jeremiah's mock where Polite wasn't even in the 1st round. Several had him going anywhere from #16 to #25.

Since most mock's don't hit a bull in the fanny with a handle full of gravel, I thought..........Why not at #20?!  thumbsup)

Yea I've seen all the crazy positions people have him mocked at. I'm worried about his size. He needs to add some. If hes up for the task and works hard, he could be an absolute monster. However, if he gets his money and decides to be content where he is at, he may be a wash. Very polarizing guy.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:04 AM »
I like the players and I had not heard that negative about Edoga. The Combine isn't just physical performances, but also to see medical issues and attitudes a player has. I'll always remember the ILB from Alabama that was a great talent but showed his true colors at the Combine, Ruben Foster, and he fell to the bottom of the first round. The 49ers have since cut him.

Good points Hands. It is way to early to claim a player will or will not go at a certain point in the draft with most resumes yet incomplete. At this time last year Arden Key and Maurice Hurst were being mocked by most in the 1st round before the combine, after being put under the microscope they were 3rd and 5th round picks. Much is yet to be determined.