August 19, 2019, 12:32:23 PM

Author Topic: Soap Opera Cities  (Read 259 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Soap Opera Cities
« on: February 01, 2019, 06:23:46 AM »
Once cited as models of stability, the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers seem to have become mired in soap opera drama's that distract players and fans, alike, from getting back to playing good football. Where this all ends, I don't think anybody knows for sure.

We've all been privy to what we've been seeing unfold in GB, from TT becoming a disfunctional GM, to MM's complacency and putting on blinders and not adapting to the situations before him, to what seem's a power grab by Murphy, and then hearing players like Bakhtiari calling out coaches and players for lack of accountability.

Pittsburgh, likewise, has been a dumpster fire of unity this off-season. The highly publicized rift of AB/BR and it's affect on the team, the never ending saga of Le'Veon Bell wanting to get paid or get out, and now James Harrison says, in an interview, it all starts with HC Mike Tomlin.

Let the finger pointing begin!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001014985/article/james-harrison-pins-blame-for-drama-on-mike-tomlin

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Soap Opera Cities
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
Meanwhile, Elway continues to drive Denver into the ground, and has even talked about trading Von Miller. Jason Garrett has not been extended; maybe their next head coach will be Howdy Doody, since he's already used to being a puppet. Cleveland still has the Haslams in charge. Arizona has chosen Kliff Kingsbury as HC. Will the Giants finally draft a QB to replace Eli (probably a year too late)? The Jets are always a mess. Atlanta continues its usual pattern of being really good twice a decade, then underachieving the other eight years. Even the Patriots are wondering whether a SB win will mean they lose Gronk. Soap operas? Yep. But, similar to pro wrestling, GUY soaps. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid