April 19, 2019, 05:40:03 PM

Author Topic: SB Thoughts  (Read 1040 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: SB Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
Read today that the Pats studied the Bears game where the Rams were held to six points.

Good game to study.

This is why it is so important to wait a couple of years before deciding whether a QB, in particular, is really the "next big thing". Same with teams and coaches, of course. Just because a team did well one year doesn't mean they'll repeat their performance the next year. With the exception of the Patriots, of course. They've already been declared the team to beat in the SB next year in insanely early betting lines.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 02:15:50 PM »
Alert the media!!!! Myself, the late great Golfman, and other have stated BB is the ultimate coach for years. He attacks your weakness on offense and defense..... and wins with a simple philosophy of "do your job." Yet, we all got called fake fans and many names...... told to be Patriots fans since we liked it so much...... and now, here are the fans, media, and PC posters all suddenly coming around...... does this mean everyone is fake fans and should just switch to being Patriots fans?
a lot o

A request, not a demand. Please provide some quotes from this site that prove your point. They're archived, and it would take some effort, but you decided to throw down this particular gauntlet. You were right on MM, and that was indeed met with a lot of resistance, including from myself. Which I duly recognized, and granted you your prescience. As is proper. But people belittling  saying BB is a great coach? I think there needs to be some context provided. Such as whether the poster who disagreed thought Brady was the key BB used to run the Pats machine.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
Alert the media!!!! Myself, the late great Golfman, and other have stated BB is the ultimate coach for years. He attacks your weakness on offense and defense..... and wins with a simple philosophy of "do your job." Yet, we all got called fake fans and many names...... told to be Patriots fans since we liked it so much...... and now, here are the fans, media, and PC posters all suddenly coming around...... does this mean everyone is fake fans and should just switch to being Patriots fans?
a lot o

A request, not a demand. Please provide some quotes from this site that prove your point. They're archived, and it would take some effort, but you decided to throw down this particular gauntlet. You were right on MM, and that was indeed met with a lot of resistance, including from myself. Which I duly recognized, and granted you your prescience. As is proper. But people belittling  saying BB is a great coach? I think there needs to be some context provided. Such as whether the poster who disagreed thought Brady was the key BB used to run the Pats machine.

You were here for all of this. Pretty sure you've been here longer than most. If you dont recall much of this, you either didnt pay attention or chose not to. I'm throwing it down because I remember it clearly. It wasnt a one time thing. It went on for multiple seasons of posting. The evidence is there if you want to review it. I'm not worried about scrolling the archives because I know what happened.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."