April 22, 2019, 05:58:16 PM

Author Topic: Joe Flacco traded to Broncos  (Read 423 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Joe Flacco traded to Broncos
« on: February 13, 2019, 08:23:59 AM »
Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow
Follow @AdamSchefter

More
Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN.

Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

This has a rippling effect on the draft as it probably takes Denver in another direction in the first round.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Joe Flacco traded to Broncos
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »
John Elway was a great QB, a HOFer, a two time SB champ (one that still REALLY stings), and a terrible GM. He has been floundering for a QB since he has come on the job in 2011. He did well with the tried and true Peyton Manning- kind of a no-brainer. But since then, he has drafted and signed several QB's and they have all been bad or worse. I fully expect Flacco to continue that pattern. He "won" a SB (then again, so did Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostatler). He is not a good QB, which the poor, put upon Broncos fans will discover soon enough. Unless he is a stopgap measure, and the Broncos are planning on drafting a QB early next year, when the pickings look pretty good. But if they wanted to do that, why not stick with Keenum, who is on a par with Flacco.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 05:02:30 PM »
Just read this at PFT: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/could-case-keenum-end-up-back-in-minnesota/

RT mentioned "ripple effects" in the draft. But apparently, ripples could be felt in the NFL. But if Keenum returns to Minny and Cousins is dealt away after one year, how does the management convince the fans that they know what they're doing?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 10:10:55 PM »
Just read this at PFT: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/13/could-case-keenum-end-up-back-in-minnesota/

RT mentioned "ripple effects" in the draft. But apparently, ripples could be felt in the NFL. But if Keenum returns to Minny and Cousins is dealt away after one year, how does the management convince the fans that they know what they're doing?

No team is going to touch that Cousins contract. 

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 07:10:06 PM »
I agree. 

Cousins was not well served by his OL.

The Vikes have 8 picks in the draft.  I would devote the top five to offense: C, G, T, WE and RB.