March 22, 2019, 05:32:40 AM

Author Topic: A new toy  (Read 1200 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
A new toy
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:46:30 PM »
https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

The folks at draft network have created their own mock draft machine.  Check it out

Offline footballdad

• Starter
Re: A new toy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:35:46 AM »
Tried it out.

12) Montez Sweat - Edge Miss St
30) TJ Hockenson - TE Iowa
44) Juan Thornhill - S Virginia
75) Andy Isabella - WR UMass
114) Max Scharping - OT N Illinois
118) Tre Lamar - ILB Clemson
150) Garrett Brumfield - C/G LSU
185) Bryce Love - RB Stanford
194) Demarcus Christmas - DT Florida St
226) Tre Pipkins - OL Sioux Falls

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:23:28 AM »
Tried it out.

12) Montez Sweat - Edge Miss St
30) TJ Hockenson - TE Iowa
44) Juan Thornhill - S Virginia
75) Andy Isabella - WR UMass
114) Max Scharping - OT N Illinois
118) Tre Lamar - ILB Clemson
150) Garrett Brumfield - C/G LSU
185) Bryce Love - RB Stanford
194) Demarcus Christmas - DT Florida St
226) Tre Pipkins - OL Sioux Falls

Was wondering when Pipkins was going to start showing up in your mocks.

Like the players, just think that is too early for Sweat and Isabella for me. Isabella is probably going to get over drafted, but I always worry about small handed, body-catchers playing in cold weather. If that was the end result I would still be content with it.     
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 08:25:08 AM by RT »

Offline Starr2Max

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:56:25 AM »
Obviously before Combine.  Doubt Oliver makes it anywhere near 12.

12: DL ED OLIVER HOUSTON
30: TE T.J. HOCKENSON
44: S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
75: EDGE OSHANE XIMINES
114: OT YODNY CAJUSTE
118: WR ANDY ISABELLA

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 11:59:32 AM »

Not a fan of Ximines, but I'd (try to) do backflips for the rest of that.

Online packlaw

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 01:31:28 AM »
I tried it for four rounds.  I liked the results. 
1a - Ed Oliver IDL
1b - TJ Hochenson TE
2     D. Thompson S
3.    D. Montgomery RB
4a   B. Benogo Edge
4b   S. Morgan WR

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 01:56:01 AM »

Not a fan of Ximines, but I'd (try to) do backflips for the rest of that.

Ditto for Ximines, but if you want backflips, draft Khalen Saunders and take lessons !
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online Uncle Josh

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 06:39:06 AM »
I just gave it a go.

1a- Brian Burns, OLB- FSU
1b- T.J. Hockenson, TE- Iowa
2- Marquise Brown, WR- Oklahoma
3- Darnell Savage, S- Maryland
4a- Trysten Hill, DL- UCF
4b- Kris Boyd, CB- Texas
5- Bryce Love, RB- Stanford
6a- Demarcus Christmas, DL- FSU
6b- Max Scharping, OL- Northern Illinois
7- Mitch Hyatt, OT- Clemson

Love this new simulator!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 06:57:01 AM »
I just gave it a go.

1a- Brian Burns, OLB- FSU
1b- T.J. Hockenson, TE- Iowa
2- Marquise Brown, WR- Oklahoma
3- Darnell Savage, S- Maryland
4a- Trysten Hill, DL- UCF
4b- Kris Boyd, CB- Texas
5- Bryce Love, RB- Stanford
6a- Demarcus Christmas, DL- FSU
6b- Max Scharping, OL- Northern Illinois
7- Mitch Hyatt, OT- Clemson

Love this new simulator!

That would be a very good outcome, love day 3.

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 01:29:58 AM »
Like your draft.  No way Hockenson, Savage, and Scharping last that long though. If only........

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 10:40:04 AM »
Once I saw OT Andre Dillard on TheDraftNetwork at #139 I doubted this big board. When I saw no QBs taken early (the top two were Haskins and Murray listed at #30 and #46, which might be a reflection of their talent relative to others but in no way represents where they will go, I doubted the board even more.

I still favour the Fanspeak board where you choose your big board (I tend to use the Bleacher report one, despite Jeffery Simmons still being listed too high, post ACL). Today, over 5 rounds that gave me:

1a  Edge Clelin Ferrell.   Picked him over Burns and Sweat, who were both still on the board. I love the power element to Ferrell, even though he isn't the athlete Burns and Sweat are. Love his leadership/intangibles.
1b  DL Jeffery Simmons. Probably gone before pick #12 prior to his ACL. I snapped him up in a heartbeat at #30.............I can wait for that kind of talent to get healthy and ACL's are not the frighteners of 5 years ago.
2    OT Dalton Risner. Ideal guy to play guard in 2019 as Bulaga plays out his contract. By 2020 the Packers will know if he can kick out to RT, when Bulaga probably departs.
3    FS Chauncey Gardner Johnson. He has been steadily rising up on many boards from mid 3rd to high 2nd. Was the 53rd rated player that dropped to me at #75. One of just a handfull of real free safety types in this draft.
4a  RB Damien Harris. A powerful and talented Alabama RB who initiates contact and always falls forward. A safe selection for RB alongside A.Jones and J.Williams
4b   TE Jace Sternberger. Very nice athlete for this point in the draft. Great mover who needs some work - high ceiling.
5     Edge Maxx Crosby A 6'5", 255lb athletic guy. He just needs to get stronger and refine his technique some. He will always be a little tighter in the hips than you like, but he has tools and potential pass rushers are worth the effort, especially when some time in the weight room could improve his game a lot. Had a 4.66 40 time 36" vert, 122" long jump, 6.89 3cone, 4.13 short shuttle.....you can work with that.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:53:16 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 11:39:07 AM »
Once I saw OT Andre Dillard on TheDraftNetwork at #139 I doubted this big board. When I saw no QBs taken early (the top two were Haskins and Murray lited at #30 and #46, which might be a reflection of their talent relative to others but in no way represents where they will go, I doubted the board even more.

I stuill favour the Fanspeak board where you choose your big board (I tend to use the Bleacher report one, despite Jeffery Simmons still being listed too high, post ACL). Today, over 5 rounds that gave me:

1a  Edge Clelin Ferrell.   Picked him over Burns and Sweat, who were both still on the board. I love the power element to Ferrell, even though he isn't the athlete Burns and Sweat are. Love his leadership/intangibles.
1b  DL Jeffery Simmons. Probably gone before pick #12 prior to his ACL. I snapped him up in a heartbeat at #30.............I can wait for that kind of talent to get healthy and ACL's are not the frighteners of 5 years ago.
2    OT Dalton Risner. Ideal guy to play guard in 2019 as Bulaga plays out his contract. By 2020 the Packers will know if he can kick out to RT, when Bulaga probably departs.
3    FS Chauncey Gardner Johnson. He has been steadily rising up on many boards from mid 3rd to high 2nd. Was the 53rd rated player that dropped to me at #75. One of just a handfull of real free safety types in this draft.
4a  RB Damien Harris. A powerful and talented Alabama RB who initiates contact and always falls forward. A safe selection for RB alongside A.Jones and J.Williams
4b   TE Jace Sternberger. Very nice athlete for this point in the draft. Great mover who needs some work - high ceiling.
5     Edge Maxx Crosby A 6'5", 255lb athletic guy. He just needs to get stronger and refine his technique some. He will always be a little tighter in the hips than you like, but he has tools and potential pass rushers are worth the effort, especially when some time in the weight room could improve his game a lot. Had a 4.66 40 time 36" vert, 122" long jump, 6.89 3cone, 4.13 short shuttle.....you can work with that.
1265, if Green Bay had that draft...I would love it.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 07:14:15 AM »
Tried out the Draft Network simulator. I like how clean it is, easy to run, and the fact that it is ad-free and doesn't bog down my old iPad. Agree that the board is a little off, but it seems like they are adjusting it and it is getting better (more accurate). Still with the picks below, there are no way that Hockenson, Thornhill, Scharping, and Boykin make it to those picks. Also interesting to see that some of the same players are showing up as on some of the other posters' mocks.

12 - Christian Wilkins, DT
30 - Dalton Risner, OT
44 - TJ Hockenson, TE
75 - Juan Thornhill, S
114 - Darius Slayton, WR
118 - Damien Harris, RB
150 - Wyatt Ray, Edge
185 - Carl Granderson, Edge
194 - Max Scharping, OT
226 - Miles Boykin, WR

Not bad, IMO, although doubtful there is any immediate help for the pass rush here...

Online MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 04:21:36 PM »
Tried for the first time a little insane to think this would unfold but for 4 rounds this is what I got.

12  Ed Oliver, IDL   Houston
30  Clelin  Ferrell, EDGE  Clemson                                                                                                                                       44  Greg Little, OT   Mississippi
75  Juan Thornhill, S   Virginia
114 David Montgomery, RB   Iowa State
118 Josh Oliver, TE   San Jose State