March 22, 2019, 04:57:27 AM

Author Topic: Anthony Barr  (Read 534 times)

Online Uncle Josh

• Rookie
Anthony Barr
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:39:14 PM »
I don't care what anyone else says-- If the Packers are going to spend big money in FA----and they'll have to if they want an impact pass rusher----Anthony Barr should be their number one priority. Rodgers needs to get over the butt hurt and welcome him in with open arms. I realize he hasn't put up big numbers, but he's been playing in the wrong system for years. Barr is the PERFECT fit at OLB in a 3-4. He still has plenty of juice and is faster than any other FA option. The Smiths are okay, but if we're going to overpay an OLB, it should be a top athlete with upside. First choice: Anthony Barr, second choice: Dante Fowler, Jr. At safety we should go after Earl Thomas with all our might and have Adrian Amos as a distant second option, IMO.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Anthony Barr
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
Ahhh NO. Shouldn't happen, won't happen, never ever should Barr wear the Green and Gold. Gute is way to classy to ever go down that dark path.

The topic of Barr has been bounced around on the 2019 free agency thread a little bit already. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:23:24 PM by RT »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 08:46:09 PM »
Aparently, the Vikings thought they could do better:

https://thevikingage.com/2019/02/17/anthony-barr-minnesota-vikings/

There was also a report I read (I can't find the article, and will link to it if I find it again) that Barr is a good pass rusher when he is given a free shot at the QB. But if a OL man locks onto him, game over. In short, the Packers could find themselves with a healthy version of Nick Perry. And that is not acceptable for the money involved.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 08:48:40 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
Because the Vikes did not sing him one should not make value judgments based on that.

They have an all star type defense with many players making mucho bucks.

Plus on offense they gave away the farm to Collins.  You cannot have it all in the NFL today. Something has to give.

Barr is prototypical in size and speed for a 3-4 linebacker.  GB should at least inquiry about signing him.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 09:51:04 PM »
From what I read, they just signed him back from the Jets.

I thought they would use his money on the OL or another TE or WR.

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 02:30:28 AM »
Why is this in the draft thread?

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 06:53:09 AM »

Online Uncle Josh

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 09:40:06 AM »
Because I couldn't delete or move it after I mistakenly posted it in the wrong area. The Dee Ford post may have contributed, but still----my bad.