March 22, 2019, 05:49:47 AM

Author Topic: Landon Collins is in town  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
Re: Landon Collins is in town
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 06:26:09 PM »
At those prices, I would rather just draft a safety.

I liked Ty M but not at that price.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 09:35:31 PM »
I doubt the Packers have had any interest in Thomas from the get go.

I previously said Amos. If he's still looking in a few days, maybe his asking price comes down. Same goes for Boston.

Wonder if Addae is on the radar now that he's a SFA?

To bad Gipson didn't want to talk.................just goes to show that past connections (played for Pettine in Cleveland and Hackett knew him from JAX) don't mean squat when it comes to FA.

I say that because people (self included) have talked about Ford/Smith connection and P. Smith/Olivadotti connection.

In FA, money talks. Nothing else matters. Sure, Reggie said he signed with GB because he thought Holmgren's phone call was funny. But the Packers also gave him the most money.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 09:52:57 PM »
I doubt the Packers have had any interest in Thomas from the get go.

I previously said Amos. If he's still looking in a few days, maybe his asking price comes down. Same goes for Boston.

Wonder if Addae is on the radar now that he's a SFA?

To bad Gipson didn't want to talk.................just goes to show that past connections (played for Pettine in Cleveland and Hackett knew him from JAX) don't mean squat when it comes to FA.

I say that because people (self included) have talked about Ford/Smith connection and P. Smith/Olivadotti connection.

In FA, money talks. Nothing else matters. Sure, Reggie said he signed with GB because he thought Holmgren's phone call was funny. But the Packers also gave him the most money.

You also have to consider you have the highest player contract in NFL history on your roster.  Gotta be smart in shopping for FAs.