May 26, 2019, 06:11:29 AM

Author Topic: I want at least 4 splash players this off-season!!  (Read 1158 times)

Offline ramrod

• Starter
I want at least 4 splash players this off-season!!
« on: March 10, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »
How about this scenerio:
We give big money to Trey Flowers
At 12 we draft Hockinson
Then we trade number 30 and our third and draft Christian Wilkins
Then in the second we draft Debo Samuel?
Hopefully get a free safety Tre Boston?
The rest of the draft picks could load up our offensive line with maybe a running back in there.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: I want at least 4 splash players this off-season!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
I'd be happy with two good players and a couple who don't embarrass themselves as starters..........and that includes FA acquisitions.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 10:02:46 AM »
I doubt, not 100% sure, that Green Bay will take a TE that early. I'm not sure any team takes a TE before 20. I think, again a guess not sure, that Green Bay gets two FA and two draft picks that start this season. I would think an Edge, FS, RG, and  #2 TE would be the new starters. I see a another new Edge guy that sees a lot of playing time. Another new RB (FA or Draft) that see a lot of snaps and another DB that may play that in the box safety. A reserve OT and OG that are almost as good as Bulaga and Lane.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:50:59 AM »
The only one I would take at12 would be Hockinson. He would be a three down tight end which would be perfect for what Lafleur wants to run. Keep the other team guessing. His blocking is superb. I wouldn't take Fant at 12, but would at 30.

Online RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 12:27:11 PM »
I think there is close to zero chance of the Packers going after Flowers, but would a Justin Houston type work?

With TE Olson leaving Carolina for the ESPN booth, Hockinson is probably in play at 16 for the Panthers.

Online packlaw

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
I would not sign Flowers and I think Huchenson or Fant  will be available at 30.  I would try to sign Joyner or Boston or Mathieu at safety.  For the first pick, Oliver, Ferril, Sweat Polite, Burns or Walker will be available.  If the above occurs, we have three splashes.  A fourth would be signing one of the Smiths at edge and we still have a 3rd and two fourths to draft immediate needs.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 12:37:08 PM »
I think there is close to zero chance of the Packers going after Flowers, but would a Justin Houston type work?

With TE Olson leaving Carolina for the ESPN booth, Hockinson is probably in play at 16 for the Panthers.

Exactly!

That’s why I don’t see Hockenson as a big reach at #12.

Online packlaw

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:16 PM »
Flowers was signed today

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
With the lions for a rumored 17mill a year.

Online RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 01:29:18 PM »

Guards, take Mr. Flowers to the pit of misery!

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »
well we was 2nd in signing Maliek Jackson (Jags) went with Iggles 3 yrs $30m

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:00 PM »

Guards, take Mr. Flowers to the pit of misery!

Dilly Dilly!
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 01:54:39 PM »
ramrod, have the Packers FA signings been "splasy" enough for you? Because they made some big moves very early, very out of character for the team. And definitely, if the Packers want Hockenson, they'll have to go for it with #12. Which may have been the thinking behind the FA's. And, just curious, who do you see the Packers trading their #30 and third to move up in the draft?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 04:58:04 PM »
ramrod, have the Packers FA signings been "splashy" enough for you? Because they made some big moves very early, very out of character for the team. And definitely, if the Packers want Hockenson, they'll have to go for it with #12. Which may have been the thinking behind the FA's. And, just curious, who do you see the Packers trading their #30 and third to move up in the draft?

After doing a gazillion mock drafts using a ton of different peoples big boards, who is the best guy most often available at #30 ? Much of the time it is Hockenson, even when he is rated higher than that. TE just isn't often top of a teams need list, it gets trumped by OT, Edge, CB and other positions, so even if he is (for example) the 20th best player, he is always slipping in mock drafts. Now just because this happens in mocks, it doesn't necessarily happen in the real draft, but the amount of times he comes up as available at #30 does give me pause for thought. He just might be there then (and if Fant were there instead, that would be fine too).
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
 I keep wanting to mock us trading up from 30 to draft Parris Campbell. Reminds me of Greg Jennings. Hockenson/ Campbell in the 1st would set up MLF and Rodgers to succeed for years.