March 22, 2019, 05:07:31 AM

Author Topic: Contract Values  (Read 630 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Contract Values
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 01:43:24 PM »
Heard an (unsubstantiated) rumor that the Packers are entertaining the possibility of bringing in Ryan Tannehill as backup QB if Miami releases him.

Not sure it has any legs or not, but it is a curious idea.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 02:01:13 PM »
Heard an (unsubstantiated) rumor that the Packers are entertaining the possibility of bringing in Ryan Tannehill as backup QB if Miami releases him.

I really like this idea, I think Fitzpatrick is available as well, both could be very valuable veteran fill-ins should Aaron miss any time.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2019, 03:49:23 PM »

I really like this idea, I think Fitzpatrick is available as well, both could be very valuable veteran fill-ins should Aaron miss any time.

So, "up and coming" FA's at positions of need, and then add a veteran QB to back up Rodgers? So, keep Kaizer as a developmental, or Boyle? Or try to stash Boyle on the PS? Sorry, getting WAY ahead of myself here. Though the idea of having a decent, veteran backup just makes sense. The Packers always had that with Favre. It only makes sense, IF the money makes sense.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2019, 04:42:11 PM »

If Arizona does draft Murry and wants to trade Josh Rosen???? $2 mil a yr salary and a 5th yr option...maybe for a 2nd

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2019, 04:43:02 PM »

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
 1h1 hour ago
More
The official number will come out sometime tomorrow, but once the four deals are in the books, #Packers should be around $17 million under the cap. That does not include any RFAs that have been tendered or the $4M or so they'll need to sign draft picks. Just a ballpark.

!7 taking away 4 for draft picks gives you 13 million left.  You need 2 million for Allison, say 3 million for Breeslan (sp) if they sign him gives 8 million left. That's about what you would want to carry over for in season signings/ carryover.

Cutting Bulaga or Tramon doesn't make any sense to me.  You wouldn't think of cutting them until after the draft but you don't need the money then and they will be off of the books for next year