July 22, 2019, 11:49:31 AM

Author Topic: Beckham traded to Browns  (Read 899 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Beckham traded to Browns
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:45:29 PM »

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow
Follow @AdamSchefter

More
Here are the trade terms: Giants recieve a first-round pick in 2019 (No. 17 overall), the Browns' second third-round pick this year and S Jabril Peppers, source tells ESPN. Browns get Odell Beckham Jr.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Beckham traded to Browns
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:30:03 PM »

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:54 PM »
Stay tuned.  Beckham may try to pull some contract shenanigans with Cleveland.  He may want a better deal than Brown got and be the highest paid WR.  Hes got like 5 years left on his current deal.

Im sure the trade goes through, but will he get a new deal?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:25:07 PM by The GM »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:03:08 PM »
The NFL Channel is going ga-ga over this story. It was broken live on "NFL Total Access" at around 7 P.M. CST, and then beat the stroy into the ground for over two more hours. And it was all repetitive: OBJ has been traded; what will this mean? Rinse/repeat. MEanwhile, the Packers signed FOUR FA's, and no one seemed to care. But then again, it was New York, it was broken on the NFL Channel, and therefore must be important.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21:47 PM »
The NFL Channel is going ga-ga over this story. It was broken live on "NFL Total Access" at around 7 P.M. CST, and then beat the stroy into the ground for over two more hours. And it was all repetitive: OBJ has been traded; what will this mean? Rinse/repeat. MEanwhile, the Packers signed FOUR FA's, and no one seemed to care. But then again, it was New York, it was broken on the NFL Channel, and therefore must be important.

Agree.  They gotta fill airtime but it got nauseating listening to nonstop Beckham coverage.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 09:23:40 PM »
They did not get market value for him.

Not as bad as Brown, but not really good.

Which indicates they wanted to get rid of him.

Wonder if they will not use the two first round picks to move up for a QB?

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 07:03:09 AM »
I'd be surprised to see them move up for a QB when they already pick #6. But you never know?!

AZ (#1) will potentially take QB Murray
SF (#2) nope.
NYJ (#3) nope
OAK (#4) wild card.......maybe/maybe not (Haskins?) A lot of shell game going on in OAK right now.
TB (#5) nope
NYG (#6) My guess is the want Haskins and if they fear OAK will take him, then a move up could be in play. Gruden is playing this fiddle right now.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 12:50:30 PM »
I'd be surprised to see them move up for a QB when they already pick #6. But you never know?!

AZ (#1) will potentially take QB Murray
SF (#2) nope.
NYJ (#3) nope
OAK (#4) wild card.......maybe/maybe not (Haskins?) A lot of shell game going on in OAK right now.
TB (#5) nope
NYG (#6) My guess is the want Haskins and if they fear OAK will take him, then a move up could be in play. Gruden is playing this fiddle right now.

AZ might be playing this fiddle too.   Are they serious about Murray or looking for NY (2 1sts) or Oak (3 1 sts) to trade up for him???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:52:07 PM by The GM »

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »
BTW, the Browns look pretty good to me right now.

I mean, with Beckham and later Hunt, they seem to me to have improved their offense. And they already had a lot of good players on defense.

They turned it around last year, and they should be even better this year. I guess this shows you that the head coach makes a difference.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:28:45 AM by Gregg »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »

I mean, with Beckham and later Hunt, they seem to me to have improved their offense. And they already had a lot of good players on defense.

They turned it around last year, and they should be even better this year. I guess this shows you that the head coach makes a difference.

What about Dorsey? This is the second team he's built effectively from scratch (KC being the first). That was what turned the team around. And getting the owner to become much more "hands off".
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 02:00:48 PM »
Well, you have to say that Dorsey had a lot of draft picks to work with. 

When you have two of the top four picks in one draft that is really good.  Then he had two very high picks in the second round.

To his credit, it looks like he hit on three of the four.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:25 AM »

A team finally seems to be on the rise. After so many years of futility. Time will tell.
“What’s going on out there”

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 07:02:09 PM »
And the way things seem to be going, in a year they'll have Hill.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.