May 26, 2019, 04:39:57 PM

Author Topic: Marcedes Lewis  (Read 2129 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Marcedes Lewis
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
Lewis is a "Y" TE, which is the blocking TE. Running down the field isn't that big a deal if you are spending most of your time blocking in-line.

What the Packers need is a Combo TE that can block/receive with equal aplomb.

TJ Hockenson would have been that TE, but he a Lion, so Gute will have to wait until either 2020 free agency or the 2020 draft to find that player.

My hope is that Sternberger is a quick study and can take a little pressure off Lewis to have to be "that guy" all the time.

I should have said a Y TE in the way that MLF historically prefers to use TEs.  MLF has historically preferred TEs that can do both.  His Y TEs usually have the ability to get downfield a bit also.

Then you would be looking for a Combo-Y.

Lewis may get some looks on routes under 10 yds after he decoy blocks, but you aren't going to see him 15-20 yds down field.

Hockenson would have looked real nice in that role, as a Combo-Y.

Next years TE draft class looks pretty empty at this point. 2019 was a stellar class, and I was hoping for a 2nd TE that they could develop as a Combo-Y.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 07:15:25 AM »
I'm surprised, maybe even mildly shocked that Green Bay didn't go for another TE. I thought Andrew Beck would have been perfect in that Y-combo role. Maybe they are looking at FA once all the reshuffling happens.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »
Lewis is a "Y" TE, which is the blocking TE. Running down the field isn't that big a deal if you are spending most of your time blocking in-line.

What the Packers need is a Combo TE that can block/receive with equal aplomb.

TJ Hockenson would have been that TE, but he a Lion, so Gute will have to wait until either 2020 free agency or the 2020 draft to find that player.

My hope is that Sternberger is a quick study and can take a little pressure off Lewis to have to be "that guy" all the time.

I should have said a Y TE in the way that MLF historically prefers to use TEs.  MLF has historically preferred TEs that can do both.  His Y TEs usually have the ability to get downfield a bit also.

Then you would be looking for a Combo-Y.

Lewis may get some looks on routes under 10 yds after he decoy blocks, but you aren't going to see him 15-20 yds down field.

Hockenson would have looked real nice in that role, as a Combo-Y.

Next years TE draft class looks pretty empty at this point. 2019 was a stellar class, and I was hoping for a 2nd TE that they could develop as a Combo-Y.
Precisely
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi