September 18, 2019, 08:55:49 AM

Author Topic: Bears sign Ha-Ha  (Read 722 times)

Offline footballdad

• Starter

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Bears sign Ha-Ha
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
Interesting. So, the Packers sign a Bears safety, and the Bears sign a (for all practical purposes) a Packers safety. And last year the Packers effectively fashioned a contract for a Bears CB.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:04:32 PM »
What is funny is how cocky some Packers fans are that HHCD is a bum and Amos is the man, but it will not surprise me if HHCD ends up with the better season.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:21 PM »
What is funny is how cocky some Packers fans are that HHCD is a bum and Amos is the man, but it will not surprise me if HHCD ends up with the better season.

Thats a pretty good defense he's joining.  I'll be curious to see how much Fangio meant to them.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
 Fuller and Jackson are a couple players I wanted to draft. They sure feasted on the front 7 pressure the Bears put up last year. Hope Amos' game translates to GB. Wouldn't be surprised if HHCD had a big year there. He played a ton of snaps for us, had some really good years, but gave up some big plays at the end of some games from being gassed.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 08:30:30 PM »
I like HaHa ---  correction - *liked* HaHa up until he signed in the division.  Shame he ended up with the Bears.   Another chance to reinvigorate his career but he needs to decide to hit someone if he wants a long-term contract at this point.  Really was/is a tantalizing talent - shame he couldn't put it together after a couple quality yr 2/yr 3 seasons   

Wish him all the best....in 2020....in the AFC.....

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:46:55 PM »

Lets take a look at the stats. Though I don't think this give total credence. Still, for what they're worth:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClinHa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AmosAd00.htm

What jumps out is that C-D has 14 interceptions, Amos three. But the question really is, who fits the defensive scheme better? Obviously, the Packers have made a choice.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »
Watching Dix over the last two seasons, he appeared to be afraid of his own shadow and playing not to get hurt.  That could be because the DC sucked and the defense sucked and he played not too get hurt.  He may fit well with the Bears defense cause they have some talent over there.  The problem is in today's NFL alot of the defense is scheming and guys like Fangio and Belicheck are very good at it, regardless of talent.  So, he may work out, plus they have a pretty good pass rush over there and we have had zilch on the pass rush sides of things for the last 4-5 years.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
I agree.  I think he will do well there with that pass rush.