March 25, 2019, 03:13:17 AM

Author Topic: Fanspeak- BPA Draft  (Read 475 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Fanspeak- BPA Draft
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:10:19 PM »
12: R1P12 
QB DREW LOCK
MISSOURI

30: R1P30
TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA

44: R2P12
S JUAN THORNHILL
VIRGINIA

75: R3P11
DL ANTHONY NELSON
IOWA

114: R4P12
DL TRYSTEN HILL
UCF

118: R4P16
RB TRAYVEON WILLIAMS
TEXAS A&M

150: R5P12
OT TYLER ROEMER
SAN DIEGO STATE

185: R6P12
EDGE MAXX CROSBY
EASTERN MICHIGAN

194: R6P21
WR BISI JOHNSON
COLORADO STATE

226: R7P12
FB ALEC INGOLD
WISCONSIN

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Fanspeak- BPA Draft
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:13:25 AM »
Like almost every draft pick......................except that one at #12. Drew Lock - Eeeww !

I don't like that guy at all (and not because I don't think we need a QB). He is a classic big body with a good arm - but he is inaccurate, most especially when going deep and i don't think he can read the field.

My KEY criteria for QBs are that:
1) They must be able to put the ball where they want it to go. Lock has the arm strength but not the accuracy. Innacurate QBs don't often change. His sub 60% completion rate (57.8%), is a red flag.
2) They MUST be able to read the field and go through the progressions at the NFL level. I don't see that with Lock, half-field reads and pre-snap determinations do not substitute for reading the field, post-snap. Lock might learn not to stare  down his targets when he gets in the NFL, QBs can learn that, but for the rest, this part of his game kills any desire for him.
3) They must be able to buy time in the pocket. Lock is good enough at this.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:51:46 AM »
You may be correct about Lock as a player. Just using historical data, I came to the conclusion that Lock might be the top QB on the Packers board. Wild ass guess, I know. But as uncomfortable as that idea may be for some fans, I do believe we must at least consider the possibility. 

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.    George S. Patton

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:41:35 PM »
Ted did it with Rodgers.................so, never say never.

Wouldn't be popular I would imagine, but........................ hatsoff)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 07:04:01 PM »
Ted did it with Rodgers.................so, never say never.

Wouldn't be popular I would imagine, but........................ hatsoff)

If Gute had final say I think it would be a possibility, but with Murphy in bed with Rodgers he would not allow a potential franchise QB to be selected in the 1st round.

I do expect the Packers to draft Northwestern QB Clayton Thorson on the 3rd day. Murphy will get that pushed through.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 07:59:33 PM »
Would never say QB at #12 isn't a possibility but man would I be disappointed in that pick.  Can't see Hock lasting until #30 but would be ecstatic if he's there. 

When did Murphy piss in your cereal RT?

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 05:30:54 PM »
I tried the same thing. Fanspeak 5-round draft using the latest big board. Forced myself to take the top rated player remaining at each pick. This is what came out of it. Not that bad...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 05:35:10 PM by morango »