August 23, 2019, 01:05:20 PM

Author Topic: The chiefs going down  (Read 587 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
The chiefs going down
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:34:18 PM »
The chiefs offense had a big three- mahomes, hunt and hill. Hunt was found to have beaten a hooker in the off season and lie about it. Gone. Chiefs offense loses eight points per game.  And a solid chance at a Superbowl.

Now hill is being investigated for breaking his three year old's arm. Hill has a history of domestic violence, this is unfortunately all too believable. 

Hunt was picked up by the browns, John Dorsey had originally drafted him so this was no surprise. Just today the nfl handed down an eight game suspension.

If hill did it, I will be unsurprised to see him banned forever.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The chiefs going down
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:24 PM »
The allegation of a broken is from a "source". It is not from the police department or any official complaint- yet. A permanent ban is also very unlikely. More like a one year suspension, as with Adrian Peterson. But will KC have to dump him also? Probably. Will someone else sign him? Probably. However, this does make the quest for "Packer people" more palatable. So, KC will have lost some very good defensive players and (probably) two of their prime offensive players. Oh well. Here is an article about the charges against Hill:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article227983684.html
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »
Lets not forget their defense too.  It was pretty bad already, then you lose Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Eric Berry.  Overall some pretty significant losses over the past year.

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »
Lets not forget their defense too.  It was pretty bad already, then you lose Dee Ford, Justin Houston, and Eric Berry.  Overall some pretty significant losses over the past year.
To a large extent, I agree, but please remember that Berry barely played and NE exposed him in the playoffs.  He was a great player but illness and injury have stolen a lot of talent from him.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi