June 25, 2019, 11:01:05 PM

Author Topic: Montez Sweat has a Heart Condition?  (Read 753 times)

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
Montez Sweat has a Heart Condition?
« on: March 17, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:11:01 PM by The GM »

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Montez Sweat has a Heart Condition?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »
I just saw this. Wonder how it affects his draft stock. I think there was a DL who had a heart condition within the last few years who didnt drop that far. I wonder if the packers now moved him down the board for safety sake?
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »
Last year DL from Michigan Maurice Hurst was widely consider a top 20 pick before the combine, at the combine he was sent home because of a heart condition. He ended up being drafted in the 5th round by the Raiders. This year the same thing happened to CJ Conrad, he is still trying to get clearance to workout and is now probably not a draftable player.

Their is a big difference between them and Sweat though, the Doctors at the combine did not stop him from working out which should tell everyone that it is probably not that concerning.   

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:42:57 PM »
No idea on how this goes and wouldnt venture a guess.  Hard to say on the risk, but you also have to consider future medications if needed.  Some of that heart stuff can really drag you down.  Let the Packer docs make that call, it could be something very minor, but it does add a little twist to the draft.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 09:16:12 AM »
I think they forgot to calibrate the machine because they error'd on Kentucky's TE heart condition, also at the combine.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »
Sweat is being interviewed by Packers.  Would welcome this pick with open arms.  May have to move up to get him, but he teams in front of us are fully capable of reaching!