April 18, 2019, 05:18:55 PM

Author Topic: kicker  (Read 376 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
kicker
« on: March 19, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »
Given his uneven performance this last season and a high cap # there is speculation the Packers may be looking to move on from Crosby.  This guy seems to be the top kicker in what looks to be a weak class.  With 2 - 6th round picks it might make sense to bring him in.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matt-gay?id=32194741-5930-6452-6cb7-6eadc0ce3ec7

Offline morango

• HOF Member
Re: kicker
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »
Given his uneven performance this last season and a high cap # there is speculation the Packers may be looking to move on from Crosby.  This guy seems to be the top kicker in what looks to be a weak class.  With 2 - 6th round picks it might make sense to bring him in.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matt-gay?id=32194741-5930-6452-6cb7-6eadc0ce3ec7

Beefy!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:42:19 PM »
Couple of things on this, first this is a bad year for kickers in the draft and there is a good chance that none are drafted this year. Secondly is the quote from Gutekunst in todays article on Packers.com about the special teams, Gutekunst did express an expectation for Crosby to “have a bounce-back year.” If he is discussing what type of year he expects from his kicker, I doubt he is looking to cut him.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »
You are right this doesn't seem like a good year to draft a kicker.   As to Gute's remarks about Crosby what did you expect him to say?

I do expect them to bring a kicker into camp- can't hurt to get a look at someone else.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:18 PM »
You are right this doesn't seem like a good year to draft a kicker.   As to Gute's remarks about Crosby what did you expect him to say?

I do expect them to bring a kicker into camp- can't hurt to get a look at someone else.

Gute has been very straight forward about players all off season. When ask about Perry, he didn't sugarcoat anything. When ask about Graham, he talked about how he was going to be part of the team next year. If they planned to replace Crosby, they would of done the right thing by him and released him at the start of FA.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 08:04:01 AM »
Just my opinion, we drafted a punter in the 5th rd and he became the new holder for Crosby.  Not sure if he ever held before, but this may have been a reason for Crosby problems.  I happen to like Crosby as a kicker and I liked our former punter than the one we drafted in the 5th rd.  I'm still wondering how the organization kept Zook around for so long and why Davis is still on this roster?  Non-performers should be gone!!!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 11:25:42 AM »
Would not surprise me if the extended Crosby for 2 more yrs in the near future and gain some additional cap space by reducing this years cap hit a little bit.