June 25, 2019, 10:42:12 PM

Author Topic: How many 1st round grades  (Read 1673 times)

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: How many 1st round grades
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »
@RT
Good quotes from Fennel and Gabriel. I value what they both have to say.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2019, 06:58:17 AM »
With all the talk about Murray not being AZ choice at #1, I think things are going to get interesting.  SF wants more picks and are likely to move out, ditto the Jets, maybe others.  Perhaps other teams move up to get Murray and someone drops to us. Talk about BOSA and Williams moving up too. I have said this all along, if Allen is available and drops a couple notches, I hoping Gute doesn't sit on his hands like he did last year and moves up!!!  I wouldn't mind moving up for White, I think Sweat may drop to us.  I posted a note that Packers are talking with Tillery.  I thinking he wold be an option at late 1 or early 2, if they elect to move up or bypass Oliver. 

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2019, 07:30:13 AM »
 Let's not forget that last year it was about this time where Jaire finally moved into a consensus first round pick among the ''Experts''. Parris Campbell has checked all the boxes in a similar manner that Jaire did as a prospect. A high character, injury free Percy Harvin is RD 1 talent all day any draft. Another thing, Mayock isn't around this year, he was the only one that consistently predicted the first round, will be interesting to see how the end of the first plays out.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »
This is a lot of good debate on a topic I don’t know much about. However it does seem clear that this years draft pool is relatively weak at the very top (especially at certain positions like QB, WR, and Safety) but has superb depth and quality in the middle rounds.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2019, 07:57:09 AM »
This is a lot of good debate on a topic I don’t know much about. However it does seem clear that this years draft pool is relatively weak at the very top (especially at certain positions like QB, WR, and Safety) but has superb depth and quality in the middle rounds.

That is a good observation, the WR and Safety classes may neither one have a true 1st rounder, but are very deep in quality. Matt Miller released his WR ranking a few days ago and had 48 draftable WR's. Year after year the number of drafted WR's is in the 30's, this year there will still be value with some UDFA's. The QB class is very small this year in the volume.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »
Let's not forget that last year it was about this time where Jaire finally moved into a consensus first round pick among the ''Experts''. Parris Campbell has checked all the boxes in a similar manner that Jaire did as a prospect. A high character, injury free Percy Harvin is RD 1 talent all day any draft. Another thing, Mayock isn't around this year, he was the only one that consistently predicted the first round, will be interesting to see how the end of the first plays out.

For your sake, I hope the Packers draft him and he becomes a all-time Packer great. As someone who spent a lifetime on data analysis I'm going to share one interesting tidbit.

2002 - Javon Walker
1988 - Sterling Sharpe

Those are the last 2 WR's drafted by the Packers in the 1st round of the draft. Walker drafted by Sherman, Sharpe by Infante. It has been 27 years since Ron Wolf took over in 1992 and the only WR drafted in the 1st round in that timeframe was by Sherman. Under Wolf and Thompson, Gutes mentors, the Packers never drafted a WR in the first round. Positional value is a thing and on the surface it appears that they might feel WR's are not worth spending 1st round picks on. This the year that all changes? We will know in a few weeks, but I wouldn't bet the rent money on it happening.

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »
Simply put there will be no WR who is BPA at 12.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 07:50:12 AM »
Updated 4/9/19

1.) Quinnen Williams - DL
2.) Nick Bosa - EDGE
3.) Josh Allen - EDGE
4.) Ed Oliver - DL
5.) Jerry Tillery - DL
6.) Andre Dillard - OT
7.) TJ Hockenson - TE
8.) Montez Sweat - EDGE
9.) Brian Burns - EDGE
10.) Christian Wilkins - DL
11.) Greedy Williams - CB
12.) Clelin Ferrell - EDGE
13.) Noah Fant - TE
14.) Rashan Gary - EDGE
15.) Jonah Williams - OL
16.) Devin Bush - ILB
17.) Devin White -ILB
18.) Jawaan Taylor - OL
19.) Garrett Bradbury - OL
20.) Dexter Lawrence - DL
21.) Drew Lock - QB
22.) Jeffery Simmons - DL

After reviewing the pass rush skills of this DL class it has really started to open my eyes to how good this class of DL is. I have always thought that it was good, but didn't realize it was this good. I have added 3 DL to the list of players that I am taking my S.W.A.G. at that the Packers would have on their first round board. I am convincing myself more each day that the Packers first pick will probably be a DL, IMO the board just is leaning too heavily that way. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member