April 18, 2019, 05:45:02 PM

Author Topic: Gronk retires  (Read 296 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Gronk retires
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »
Gronk retires and on the same day it is reported that the Patriots are trying to sign Jared Cook.

ProFootballTalk

Verified account

@ProFootballTalk
Follow
Follow @ProFootballTalk

More
Patriots reportedly made a run at TE Jared Cook before he picked the Saints (and given that he has yet to officially join the Saints, maybe the Pats could still get him)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Gronk retires
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:25:01 PM »
Would this reshape their draft strategy? Earlier, you offered a question about a trade with NE, with them possibibly trying to find Brady's eventual repladement. Would they instead be angling to sign a TE instead? To get a top graded TE they could probably stay put, but if they really liked someone,,,
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 12:02:15 PM »
Would this reshape their draft strategy? Earlier, you offered a question about a trade with NE, with them possibibly trying to find Brady's eventual repladement. Would they instead be angling to sign a TE instead? To get a top graded TE they could probably stay put, but if they really liked someone,,,

The Patriots certainly have the assets to move up and get the player(s) that they target in the early rounds. With two 2nd's and three 3rd's, if one of the top TE's slide and that is their guy Bill will pull that trigger. I have no idea who the Patriots may covet when it comes to TE's though.   

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 12:24:54 PM »
God he was good in his prime.  One of the best all around tight ends I ever saw.

The guy was so strong and big he just mowed down the guy in front of him.  And he was surprisingly agile with the ball in his hands.