April 18, 2019, 05:43:56 PM

Author Topic: slot receiver  (Read 1405 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: slot receiver
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 06:35:07 PM »
Taking a look at Parris Campbell, I really like what he can bring.  Not real polished, but he has a Percy Harvin type of game.  Just not sure what pick it would take to draft him (44?), and if he'd fit in GB. Can go in the slot or move outside.  Caught 90 balls and 12 td's last year.  Speed galore and decent size.  He'd be a good weapon for LaFleur to tinker with in his offense.  Any thoughts on Campbell?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 07:54:12 PM by The GM »

Offline Noble Warrior

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 06:44:17 PM »
Terry Godwin and Penny Hart are late round possibilities

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2019, 02:07:11 PM »
I'm struggling with that slot receiver spot. I know Cobb played it last and was maybe the best over the past few years, but I've (we've) all read about how MLF wants a bigger body in the slot. Saying that...he had Gabriel in Atlanta and used him all over the field. I know that whoever they pick, he will need to be able to run the route tree. They picked three very good prospect last year. If/when they pick another wideout, slot/X/flanker/whatever...I can't believe they would go with another prospect with great speed and can't run routes. They will have to be very good route runners and have great hands. Maybe those are the guys to look for.....
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 05:57:04 PM »
My guess is that any WR they draft will also have to be a decent PR/KR

Offline Scott1956

• All Pro
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 07:41:20 PM »
We have to remember that everything goes around. The last 7-10 years has been all about bigger WR's. Therefore the drafting of bigger DB's. Now look what the Chiefs have done. They went with smaller, faster and quick WR's. They make those bigger DB's look really slow. For my money Paris Campbell of Ohio State is the perfect slot target. He's played in a pro-style offense in college, and not only was very productive, he also has speed to burn. He won't make it out of the first round. This isn't a player that Al Davis would draft, Campbell has real talent.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 02:21:13 AM »
Terry Godwin and Penny Hart are late round possibilities

I believe Jeff Smith and Deandre Thomkins have visited the Packers - looks like they want a returner other than Trevor Davis. They may not be ideal slot guys, but do fit on ST.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:22:15 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"