November 14, 2019, 01:27:46 AM

Author Topic: slot receiver  (Read 5539 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: slot receiver
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 06:21:53 PM »
Interesting article.............................

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/4/12/18307922/packers-slot-receiver-randall-cobb-matt-lafleur-nfl-draft-2019

That's funny Danno. I posted this same link on page 2/ reply 27 of this same thread.

Totally missed it!

Was too busy reading the tweet!

Offline Brandon2348

• Rookie
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2019, 09:55:51 AM »
Not addressing the slot receiver position is a huge failure IMO.  Parris Campbell or AJ Brown were sitting there for the taking and the Packers  could do nothing because they shot there load on Savage. Very dissapointing.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »
Not addressing the slot receiver position is a huge failure IMO.  Parris Campbell or AJ Brown were sitting there for the taking and the Packers  could do nothing because they shot there load on Savage. Very dissapointing.

The Packers pick in the second round was #44, AJ Brown was drafted 51st and Parris Campbell was drafted 59th. If the Packers had shared the same love for them that you do they would of drafted them, but their actions suggest they do not agree with you. Moving up did not stop them from drafting a WR if they had wanted to do so.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2019, 12:24:44 PM »

The Packers pick in the second round was #44, AJ Brown was drafted 51st and Parris Campbell was drafted 59th. If the Packers had shared the same love for them that you do they would of drafted them, but their actions suggest they do not agree with you. Moving up did not stop them from drafting a WR if they had wanted to do so.

Another case of getting fixated on one position and being very upset that position wasn't "addressed in the draft". Well, Allison could be in the slot; or Davis, if he finally gets his act together; or Sternberger or Graham or a lot of others. Rather than fretting about what didn't happen, why not find ways to address the position within the guys the team currently has available?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2019, 01:35:10 PM »
ESD is a slot guy, too, as is Adams… There’s a lot of slot talent on the roster.

For those worried about WR in general. One thing is clear, the Green Bay Packers are not worried about the WR position. Their complete inaction in acquiring new talent at WR speaks volumes.

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 02:37:42 AM »
Moore has a good chance there. Adams had drop issues as a freshman as well. Moore checks all the boxes if he can hang on to the ball. Receiver group will be fine.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 06:37:02 AM »
I think the past SB champ had a bunch of fair to good receivers, but nobody that stood out as a great receiver. (Gronk withstanding) So if NE can win with a great QB and a bunch of solid WRs....I suspect the WRs that Green Bay has will be enough.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 10:18:47 AM »
 ESB, Kumerow, Moore and Lazard give the Packers enough to choose from in the slot. As much as I wanted to take a Round 2-3 receiver, I'm confident that one of these guys is going to answer the call come September.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2019, 02:21:49 PM »
ESB, Kumerow, Moore and Lazard give the Packers enough to choose from in the slot. As much as I wanted to take a Round 2-3 receiver, I'm confident that one of these guys is going to answer the call come September.

Thanks for mentioning Lazard. His name almost never comes up.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2019, 04:46:30 PM »
Moore has a good chance there. Adams had drop issues as a freshman as well. Moore checks all the boxes if he can hang on to the ball. Receiver group will be fine.

I think Moore makes the biggest jump of the WRs this year,  I know he's been putting in the work this offseason.  Looking forward to seeing his progress. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »

I think Moore makes the biggest jump of the WRs this year,  I know he's been putting in the work this offseason.  Looking forward to seeing his progress.

I’d be all for that!

Watching Moore’s predraft highlights made me think he looked/moved A LOT like Davante Adams.

For whatever reason, this kind did not come to training camp last year prepared.

I think his offseason work may be evidence that he does not intend to let that happen again.

It would be a nice surprise to see him come in and impress.

Crossing my fingers!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »

I’d be all for that!

Watching Moore’s predraft highlights made me think he looked/moved A LOT like Davante Adams.

For whatever reason, this kind did not come to training camp last year prepared.

I think his offseason work may be evidence that he does not intend to let that happen again.

It would be a nice surprise to see him come in and impress.

Crossing my fingers!

I think he got out ahead of his skis in TC last year.  Came in as the next big thing, and got outworked.  I think he got a wake up call with EQB and MVS getting playing time.   I think he'll be better prepared and ready this TC.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2019, 06:01:10 AM »
I was under the impression that Lazard was going to bulk and try to be a TE....

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2019, 06:23:25 AM »
I was under the impression that Lazard was going to bulk and try to be a TE....

First I’ve heard that mentioned. Did you read that somewhere?

Packers website still lists him as a WR.

If they could add 12 lbs to him he’d be about the same size as Noah Fant and with similar measurables.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 06:27:34 AM »
I thought when they signed him, there was mention of him adding weight and becoming a TE. Anyone else remember that?