April 18, 2019, 05:37:32 PM

Author Topic: Nelson is retiring  (Read 398 times)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Nelson is retiring
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:13:01 AM »
It's out on the wires, Jordy is retiring.  Was hoping for a reunion, but I guess it is not in the cards.  Truly class act player!!!!! 

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Re: Nelson is retiring
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:12:30 PM »
Somebody had a cool idea.  Put Jordy on the roster for the last home pre season game- Have Aarron throw him a short toss to start the game and then have him leave the field.
The crowd will go wild

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:27:39 PM »
Somebody had a cool idea.  Put Jordy on the roster for the last home pre season game- Have Aarron throw him a short toss to start the game and then have him leave the field.
The crowd will go wild

That would be excellent! Then, he could retire as a Packer. Though this is unlikely to happen, due to possible liability in case of injury. Although admittedly slight, would the Packers take that chance? Probably not. But re-signing him on a one-day contract so he could retire a Packer, as they did with Kuhn? Absolutely! The Packers no re-signing Jordy was a shock felt around the NFL. For example, I was in the Dallas airport waiting for a connecting flight when a security guard came up to me (I was wearing a Packers sweatshirt) and said "I can't believe you guys cut Jordy Nelson! What's up with that?" The epitome of "Packer people" and a great contributor to the team. However, this also shows that the Packers knew what they were doing when they made that extremely unpopular move.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline #66

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 02:59:14 PM »
With his blocking abilities and solid route running I thought that Baltimore might be a destination if he had one more stop in him.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. - Vince Lombardi

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »
On Dan patrick show he indicated he would go back to GB if Aaron Rodgers called.  I would jump all over that considering the three non-productive error prone receivers we drafted last year!!!!  Perhaps they might learn something from him!!!!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
On Dan patrick show he indicated he would go back to GB if Aaron Rodgers called.  I would jump all over that considering the three non-productive error prone receivers we drafted last year!!!!  Perhaps they might learn something from him!!!!

While I wouldnt be against it, he's pretty crafty and could get some work in the slot,  Im expecting jumps from those 3 rookie WRs.    I wouldnt do anything until after the draft.  You might find a pretty good WR in this draft.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »

While I wouldnt be against it, he's pretty crafty and could get some work in the slot,  Im expecting jumps from those 3 rookie WRs.    I wouldnt do anything until after the draft.  You might find a pretty good WR in this draft.

Agreed. He is not a long term answer, but a "Break glass in case of emergency" player. Though the thought of him returning for some shining moments on a curtain call is irresistable.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 03:08:34 PM »
Sounds like Nelson is working on a 1 day deal to retire as a Packer.