September 18, 2019, 09:20:12 PM

Author Topic: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in  (Read 7921 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 12:22:49 PM »
Update  4/1/2019

RB
Nick Brossette, LSU
Bryce Love, Stanford
Darrell Henderson, Memphis
Josh Jacobs, Alabama
Myles Gaskin, Washington

FB
Alec Ingold

TE
Noah Fant, Iowa
Irv Smith, Jr. , Alabama
Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
Kano Dillon, Oregon
Vincent Hobbs, Texas A&M Commerce

WR
AJ Brown, Mississippi
N'Keal Harry, Arizona State
Andy Isabella, Massachusetts
Penny Hart, Georgia State
Cody Thompson, Toledo
Alex Wesley, Northern Colorado
Jeff Smith, Boston College
Keesean Johnson, Fresno State
Olabisi Johnson, Colorado State
JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford

OL
Jawaan Taylor, Florida
Max Scharping, Northern Illinois
Oli Udoh, Elon
Dalton Risner, Kansas State
John Keenoy, Western Michigan
Nathan Jacobson, UNLV
Nick Natour, SMU
Chuma Edoga, USC
Nate Davis, NC-Charlotte
Hjalte Froholdt, Arkansas

EDGE
Montez Sweat, Mississippi State
Jachai Polite, Florida
Clelin Ferrell, Clemson
Brian Burns, Florida State
Anthony Nelson, Iowa
Zach Allen, Boston College
Jalen Jelks, Oregon

DL
Quinnen Williams, Alabama
Daylon Mack, Texas A&M
Ed Oliver, Houston
Renell Wren, Arizona State
PJ Johnson, Arizona

LB
Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin

CB
Blace Brown, Troy
Blessuan Austin, Rutgers
Tim Harris, Virginia
Jordan Brown, South Dakota State

S
Lukas Denis, Boston College
Mark McLaurin, Mississippi State
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
Taylor Rapp, Washington

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »
Packers have meeting scheduled with RT Kaleb Mc Grary.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 01:50:09 PM »

My bad, I posted the tweet of his visit and forgot to add him to the updated list. Good catch.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »

Saw him play in high school a few times and at UW.  He was a solid player at UW, he could sneak into the first round, but that might be pushing it for him.

Also  UW S Taylor Rapp ran a brutal 4.74 40 yards today.  That's going to leave a mark,. Rapp is a baller, but that will likely push his stock down some.       
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 05:08:22 PM by The GM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2019, 03:55:06 PM »
I wouldn't read too much into this, but being the small college junkie that I am, I thought it was pretty neat.

John Doran

@JohnDoranFOX11
Follow
Follow @JohnDoranFOX11

More
Pro Day underway for @SNCfootball kicker Spenser Thompson-Meyers. #Packers scouts getting a look at the D3 standout.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:50 PM »
The Packers checking out Washington State QB Gardner Minshew today. He is probably a 50/50 proposition to get get drafted, is he this years 4th QB and camp arm?

Rob Rang

Verified account

@RobRang
Follow
Follow @RobRang

More
Some pretty passes from Gardner Minshew at the WSU Pro Day. Clean release & good placement on most throws. Some of his best today were dropped. Bills, Packers, Steelers, Lions, Raiders, Seahawks, Falcons were among the NFL personnel standing beside me.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2019, 07:19:07 AM »
The Packers checking out Washington State QB Gardner Minshew today. He is probably a 50/50 proposition to get get drafted, is he this years 4th QB and camp arm?

Rob Rang

Verified account

@RobRang
Follow
Follow @RobRang

More
Some pretty passes from Gardner Minshew at the WSU Pro Day. Clean release & good placement on most throws. Some of his best today were dropped. Bills, Packers, Steelers, Lions, Raiders, Seahawks, Falcons were among the NFL personnel standing beside me.
He could be a camp arm, but like nearly every QB who plays in Mike Leach's system, he sets the college record books on fire and disappears at the next level.  Maybe Minchew will break the mold?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 07:37:47 AM by The GM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 07:35:10 AM »
Packers are hosting Arkansas Edge Randy Ramsey for a 30 visit. Another recruitment visit for a potential UDFA.

These 30 visits should get very active over the next couple of weeks.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 08:03:40 AM »

Rob Rang

Verified account

@RobRang
Follow
Follow @RobRang

More
He could be a camp arm, but like nearly every QB who plays in Mike Leach's system, he sets the college record books on fire and disappears at the next level.  Maybe Minchew will break the mold?

Agree about the Leach system. His system provides zero training for a QB to transition to the NFL, but Boyle and Kizer are both players added by Gutes and unless he drafts a QB they will be battling it out for the back up spot. I am only advocating adding Minshew as a UDFA, if his arm talent is special than maybe a year on the PS will get him started in the right direction. He is a very long ways from ever being a NFL QB though, because of his college offense.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2019, 09:53:15 AM »
Another UDFA type visiting the Packers. I really like this guy for the Packers offense as an athletic H-back type. Glad to see this visit and hope they can add him.

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL
Follow
Follow @AaronWilson_NFL

More
Texas tight end Andrew Beck visits the Green Bay Packers today, according to a league source #NFLDraftNews #GreenBayPackers

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2019, 11:07:51 AM »

Rob Rang

Verified account

@RobRang
Follow
Follow @RobRang

More

Agree about the Leach system. His system provides zero training for a QB to transition to the NFL, but Boyle and Kizer are both players added by Gutes and unless he drafts a QB they will be battling it out for the back up spot. I am only advocating adding Minshew as a UDFA, if his arm talent is special than maybe a year on the PS will get him started in the right direction. He is a very long ways from ever being a NFL QB though, because of his college offense.

Agree, Minchew was one of those grad guys who could transfer at Alabama sitting behind Tua and Hurts.  Leach talked to him and said 'You can sit the bench for a year at Alabama or come to WSU and lead the nation in passing'.  Smart move, at least it got some teams looking at him.  We'll see.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2019, 06:53:45 AM »
A couple of connections I have at ND have told me Packers have been kicking tires on Jerry Tillery.  If they bring in another DT I think that Daniels may be gone this year in a trade and not next year.  I did see they were looking at another FA DT from the Cardinals yesterday.  I'm thinking they are not bringing back Wilkerson. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2019, 07:41:36 AM »
A couple of connections I have at ND have told me Packers have been kicking tires on Jerry Tillery.  If they bring in another DT I think that Daniels may be gone this year in a trade and not next year.  I did see they were looking at another FA DT from the Cardinals yesterday.  I'm thinking they are not bringing back Wilkerson.

Tillery is very similar to a young Mo Wilkerson, would not be surprising to see the Packers having a strong interest in him. A very good fit for Pettine's defense.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2019, 06:58:00 PM »

Zach Hicks

@ZachHicks2
Follow
Follow @ZachHicks2

More
Akron LB Ulysees Gilbert III is getting some interest from teams. The athletic linebacker had a visit with the #Steelers last week. Has visits lined up with the #Chargers, #Falcons, and #Packers as well. Pro Day with the #Browns too. One of my favorite players/people in the class.

One of the more athletic off-the-ball LB's in this years draft. Physically tests in the top 14% of NFL LB's. Ran a 4.51/40, 39.5 vertical jump and a 7.03 3-cone. Played his college ball at Akron. Late round to UDFA prospect.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »

Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
Follow
Follow @zachkruse2

More
Ole Miss OT Greg Little is in Green Bay for a pre-draft visit with the #Packers, according to his Instagram account.

This is one that I have a hard time believing they really have interest in. His athletic numbers do not seem like a player that would translate to the OL scheme. I won't believe it is real interest until they actually draft him. But then again they did draft Cole Madison last year and he had similar testing numbers.