September 16, 2019, 01:04:28 AM

Author Topic: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in  (Read 7864 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »

Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
Follow
Follow @zachkruse2

More
Ole Miss OT Greg Little is in Green Bay for a pre-draft visit with the #Packers, according to his Instagram account.

This is one that I have a hard time believing they really have interest in. His athletic numbers do not seem like a player that would translate to the OL scheme. I won't believe it is real interest until they actually draft him. But then again they did draft Cole Madison last year and he had similar testing numbers.

Agree strongly on Little, but Madison was drafted to fit MM's system and not MLF's.

It's also why it would not surprise me to see the Packers move on from Lane Taylor after next season.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 01:36:01 PM by dannobanano »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

Mike Garafolo

Verified account

@MikeGarafolo
Follow
Follow @MikeGarafolo

More
UCF DT Trysten Hill has as busy a pre-draft schedule as you’ll see: 15 visits with teams and a dozen workouts. Among the teams who have brought him in: #Eagles, #Browns and #Packers. Looking like a Day 2 pick.

One of my favorite DL in this years draft. Checks all historical boxes for the Packers. Would be thrilled if he was the pick at 75 for the Packers.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 10:42:06 AM »
LB Kaden Elliss in for a visit.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/09/packers-hosting-idaho-lb-kaden-elliss-on-pre-draft-visit/

The Green Bay Packers are hosting highly productive Idaho linebacker Kaden Elliss on an official pre-draft visit Tuesday, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Elliss stuffed the stat sheet over 47 career games at Idaho, tallying 278 total tackles, 47 tackles for losses, 17 sacks, 13 pass breakups, five interceptions, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. He also pitched in 10 catches for 176 yards and two touchdowns as a backup tight end and was a three-time all-conference selection.
Elliss, the son of former Lions All-Pro defensive lineman Luther Elliss, produced at least eight tackles for losses in all four of his collegiate seasons. He picked off five passes and forced three fumbles as a sophomore and then registered 31 tackles for losses and 13 sacks over his final two seasons.
The 6-2, 239-pounder ran the 40-yard dash produced a 4.6-second 40-yard dash and 34.5″ vertical leap at Idaho’s pro day last week.
Although likely too short and too light to play edge rusher, the Packers could see Elliss as a potential candidate to play a hybrid role at inside linebacker.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »
LB Kaden Elliss in for a visit.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/09/packers-hosting-idaho-lb-kaden-elliss-on-pre-draft-visit/

The Green Bay Packers are hosting highly productive Idaho linebacker Kaden Elliss on an official pre-draft visit Tuesday, according to Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Elliss stuffed the stat sheet over 47 career games at Idaho, tallying 278 total tackles, 47 tackles for losses, 17 sacks, 13 pass breakups, five interceptions, six forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. He also pitched in 10 catches for 176 yards and two touchdowns as a backup tight end and was a three-time all-conference selection.
Elliss, the son of former Lions All-Pro defensive lineman Luther Elliss, produced at least eight tackles for losses in all four of his collegiate seasons. He picked off five passes and forced three fumbles as a sophomore and then registered 31 tackles for losses and 13 sacks over his final two seasons.
The 6-2, 239-pounder ran the 40-yard dash produced a 4.6-second 40-yard dash and 34.5″ vertical leap at Idaho’s pro day last week.
Although likely too short and too light to play edge rusher, the Packers could see Elliss as a potential candidate to play a hybrid role at inside linebacker.

Son of former Lions DT Luther Elliss. Saw some of his workout on line last week, impressive athlete. At one point in his workout he flips over the blocking sled in a drill, don't believe I've ever seen that before. I think he would be excellent blitzing ILB in Pettine's defense.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »

Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow
Follow @RobDemovsky

More
Former University of Wisconsin players Alec Ingold (FB), Andrew Van Ginkel (OLB) and Ryan Connelly (LB) are among those visiting the Packers tomorrow and Thursday as part of the team’s local prospect day, according to sources.

I'm guessing their will be a very sizable list of players on that are announced tomorrow.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 11:02:55 AM »
Josh Norris

Verified account

@JoshNorris
Follow
Follow @JoshNorris

More
Tulane CB Donnie Lewis Jr. is visiting the #Packers on Wednesday.

Probably another recruitment type visit, borderline late rounder/UDFA.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:06:48 AM by RT »

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »
Packers have to interview a minimum of 30 candidates.  Last year, I believe they drafted one of the interviewed individuals.  Not it's a different regime, so we'll see how it plays out.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2019, 03:16:09 PM »
Packers have to interview a minimum of 30 candidates.  Last year, I believe they drafted one of the interviewed individuals.  Not it's a different regime, so we'll see how it plays out.

I know this is going to sound like a crazy concept, but if you read the thread you would know exactly how many of the 30 visits were drafted and how many others are currently under contract with the Packers. Those numbers would be from Gutes first year of running the draft process, so we do have a sample of how it may playout. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2019, 08:58:18 AM »
Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
Follow
Follow @zachkruse2

More
Northwestern LB Nate Hall visited the #Packers on Wednesday.

This is one that is not very surprising. Half of all the former Northwestern players on NFL rosters are on the Packers roster. (four of eight)

Ponder that one for a minute.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 09:00:22 AM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2019, 09:16:11 AM »

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL
Follow
Follow @AaronWilson_NFL

More
Penn State WR DeAndre Thompkins worked out for Texans, Bills, Giants, Ravens, Eagles, Jets, 49ers; visits Packers, Giants.

Another UDFA type. Thompkins and Jeff Smith (also has visited the Packers) would both be good signings after the draft.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2019, 12:36:45 PM »

The Packers Wire

Verified account

@ThePackersWire
Follow
Follow @ThePackersWire

More
Miss. State DL Jeffery Simmons on pre-draft visit with Packers.

Probably for a medical re-check of ACL. Guessing Simmons is going to be a very popular man with 30 visits.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2019, 01:00:10 PM »
Has anybody seen where Wes Hills has visited Green Bay? He's a RB from Slippery Rock with height/weight of 6-2 and 240#s. I saw an article from a LA newspaper talking about him. He was in a College All-Star game and really showed his talent and had a couple of 220+ yard games. They ended by saying Green Bay and New Orleans were interested in him.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 04:12:45 PM »
Has anybody seen where Wes Hills has visited Green Bay? He's a RB from Slippery Rock with height/weight of 6-2 and 240#s. I saw an article from a LA newspaper talking about him. He was in a College All-Star game and really showed his talent and had a couple of 220+ yard games. They ended by saying Green Bay and New Orleans were interested in him.

Well Hands, I now know more about Wes Hills than I ever thought I would. On 3 different media platforms I could find no connect between the Packers and Hills. At the combine he officially came in at 6'2"/218.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wes-hills?id=32194849-4c75-2674-ca97-7b43c0c9ad94

He has a little bit of a checkered past and will be a 24 YO rookie in training camp, Aaron Jones is 24 YO. Did not find an answer why he got the boot at Delaware. In his 3 years at Delaware he was not a fulltime starter there. I see a number of parallels to William Stanback and his college career. Stanback was a UDFA out of Virginia Union the Packers signed in 2017.

Stanback, who was a hair over 6-foot and weighed in at 231 pounds, ran a 4.48 40-yard dash at the NFL Regional Combine on Feb. 25, 2017 at the Redskins' facility. He also posted a vertical jump of 34 and a broad jump of 10-2 while participating in the William and Mary pro day in March of 2017.

My guess is that Hills is going to be a priority FA, I will be a little surprised if he is drafted. IMHO

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2019, 04:23:18 PM »
FB Alec Ingold, OT David Edwards, LB TJ Edwards, S D’Cota Dixon, RB Chris James and RB Taiwan Deal from Wisconsin.

LB Nate Hall and CB Montre Hartage from Northwestern.

These are the known players so far that were at the Packers local pro day today. Hopefully the Packers give out a complete list at some point.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 05:56:06 AM »

Well Hands, I now know more about Wes Hills than I ever thought I would. On 3 different media platforms I could find no connect between the Packers and Hills. At the combine he officially came in at 6'2"/218.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/wes-hills?id=32194849-4c75-2674-ca97-7b43c0c9ad94

He has a little bit of a checkered past and will be a 24 YO rookie in training camp, Aaron Jones is 24 YO. Did not find an answer why he got the boot at Delaware. In his 3 years at Delaware he was not a fulltime starter there. I see a number of parallels to William Stanback and his college career. Stanback was a UDFA out of Virginia Union the Packers signed in 2017.

Stanback, who was a hair over 6-foot and weighed in at 231 pounds, ran a 4.48 40-yard dash at the NFL Regional Combine on Feb. 25, 2017 at the Redskins' facility. He also posted a vertical jump of 34 and a broad jump of 10-2 while participating in the William and Mary pro day in March of 2017.

My guess is that Hills is going to be a priority FA, I will be a little surprised if he is drafted. IMHO
Thanks RT, I haven't found anything either. The paper was somewhat glowing on his capabilities. I think, but don't know for sure, that prospects put information in the articles about themselves and of course would embellish it if they had the chance. I think you're right in that he's an UDFA type player.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!