September 22, 2019, 11:16:34 AM

Author Topic: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in  (Read 7986 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: 2019 players the Packers have shown interest in
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »
You can officially add Missouri QB to List (Lock)

Do you ever bother to read the thread?

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:00 PM »

Tom Silverstein

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
Follow
Follow @TomSilverstein

More
Draft visits don't necessarily equate to heavy interest, but the #Packers are having OL Jonah Williams of Alabama and Andre Dillard of Washington St. in for top 30 visits. Two of the highest-rated OL in this year's draft. They are among just a few of the OL who interest GB.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2019, 06:28:01 AM »
This is from Tony Pauline's small college prospects, I was wondering if the Packers would be interested in Trewyn.

Nathan Trewyn/C/Wisconsin-Whitewater: Trewyn had the benefit of participating in the NFLPA Game, but he deserves mention. He’s a tough, wide-bodied blocker at the pivot who plays with terrific fundamentals. Depending on who you speak with, there are as few as seven draftable centers available this year, and a few of them are guards who project to center. The result is that Trewyn could land in the seventh round. He’s presently drawing a lot of interest from the Miami Dolphins, Green Bay Packers and Chicago Bears.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 08:53:38 AM »
Like this guy, added him to my list of potential UDFA's last week when the Titans worked him out.

Tom Pelissero

Verified account

@TomPelissero
Follow Follow @TomPelissero
More Tom Pelissero Retweeted Tom Pelissero
Princeton's John Lovett also visited the #Packers, I'm told. I called him a fullback in this video, but he played QB in college, has special teams potential ... think of him as a blocking Taysom Hill. An interesting name to watch on Day 3.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
Like this guy, added him to my list of potential UDFA's last week when the Titans worked him out.

Tom Pelissero

Verified account

@TomPelissero
Follow Follow @TomPelissero
Princeton's John Lovett also visited the #Packers, I'm told. I called him a fullback in this video, but he played QB in college, has special teams potential ... think of him as a blocking Taysom Hill. An interesting name to watch on Day 3.

Just watched his highlight video RT.

He is a very interesting prospect as an H-Back.

He’s a threat running and receiving, but offers the ability to throw as well.

It would provide MLF an opportunity to put some crazy wrinkles in his offense.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2019, 08:17:40 AM »
Matt Miller from Bleacher Report, reported that the Packers were one of 19 different teams that CB Sean Bunting has had either a workout or a visit to the team. Many are projecting him as a top 60 pick in this years draft.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »

Princeton's John Lovett also visited the #Packers, I'm told. I called him a fullback in this video, but he played QB in college, has special teams potential ... think of him as a blocking Taysom Hill. An interesting name to watch on Day 3[[/i]/quote]

Earlier, in another thread, I had said that losing Taysom Hill didn't matter, since McCarthy wouldn't have been innovative enough to use him effectively, unlike NO. Now, with MLF as HC, perhaps we could see something similar to what Hill does with NO, only doing it for the Packers. This is all contingent on him making the team, of course. But if there is a renewed emphasis on ST's, then this guy could fit the new mold.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2019, 12:18:07 PM »

Michael Doutey

@mike_doutey
Follow
Follow @mike_doutey

More
Tyron Johnson is running some drills orchestrated by a KC Chiefs scout. Raiders, Lions, Chargers, Colts, Packers & 49ers scouts are observing.

The Oklahoma State WR measured 6-0.5"/193 and ran a 4.36/40 at his pro day. Is probably a borderline draftable/UDFA type. This is the scouting report on him from Pauline.

Underrated receiver with decent size and a reliable game. Quickly releases off the line of scrimmage, immediately gets to top speed and displays good timing on pass receptions. Comes back to the ball and uses his frame to shield away defenders and protect the pass. Consistent hands catcher. Knows where he is on the field, gets vertical to high-point the ball and looks the pass into his hands. Tracks the deep throw very well and works hard to come away with the catch. Contorts in midair and makes the difficult reception in a crowd.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2019, 02:37:33 PM »
The window for teams to host prospects for 30-visits has ended and the most anyone has come up with so for the Packers is 22 different players. Hoping one of the beat writers can come up with a complete list, but the Packers as usual has done a good job of keeping the public from knowing who has visited. For me that is disappointing because the visits are league knowledge known by all the other teams, yet the Packers fans are shutout. In bouncing around the web in an attempt to find information I found it interesting that some teams post the names of the prospects that they have in for visits, the Steelers list every visit and the date that the prospect was in their building. Not sure why they prefer to withhold that information, but hoping someone can ferret out the other 8 in the next couple of days. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2019, 07:00:10 AM »

Zach Kruse

Verified account

@zachkruse2
Follow
Follow @zachkruse2

More
#Packers hosted a pre-draft visit with San Diego State TE Kahale Warring, per @TomSilverstein. Inexperienced but has size, athleticism and a lot of upside as a versatile inline TE.

Talented player who may well be an option in the 3rd round.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2019, 07:39:32 AM »
5 more that were 30-visits.

Curtis Bolton, Oklahoma - ILB
EJ Speed, Tarleton State - ILB
Greg Gaines, Washington - DT
Nate Herbig, Stanford - G
John Wirtel, Kansas - LS

Gaines is probably a 4-5 round type of guy, voted Pac-12 DL of the year. High effort guy, think he would be a good rotational guy. The other 4 are probably UDFA types on recruitment visits.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2019, 08:29:13 AM »
Maybe I missed him being listed but I saw Hollman CB/Toledo was in for predraft visit too

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2019, 08:31:58 AM »

Jason B. Hirschhorn

Verified account

@by_JBH
Follow
Follow @by_JBH

More
Packers 2019 pre-draft visits: Toledo CB Ka’Dar Hollman to visit Green Bay Monday.

Is the draft strategy for the CB position becoming clear? The Packers have visited with Blace Brown, Troy - Blessuan Austin, Rutgers - Tim Harris, Virginia - Jordan Brown, South Dakota State - Donnie Lewis Jr., Tulane - Montre Hartage, Northwestern. All are viewed by most as very late round/UDFA types.

On the surface it would look like a late round pick at best may be all that is invested in the CB position?

On the 12th Danno.

Still missing one, 29 are accounted for.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:34:36 AM by RT »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
E.J. Speed has a great FB name.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2019, 06:55:42 PM »

Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL
Follow
Follow @AaronWilson_NFL

More
WR Malik Taylor, Ferris State, has gotten a lot of interest in the draft process despite having a hamstring injury most of the year. Interest from Jets, Browns, Jaguars, Dolphins, Rams, Broncos, Colts, Chargers, Seahawks, 49ers, Cardinals, Packers and Texans .

This consistent with most of the WR types that the Packers have been link to, add him to the list of UDFA types.

Malik Taylor, Ferris State
Penny Hart, Georgia State
Cody Thompson, Toledo
Alex Wesley, Northern Colorado
Jeff Smith, Boston College
Olabisi Johnson, Colorado State
DeAndre Thompkins, Penn State
Tyron Johnson, Oklahoma State