June 24, 2019, 04:41:11 AM

Author Topic: Interesting Article on the Packers Fall  (Read 3809 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Interesting Article on the Packers Fall
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
To get rid of Rodgers now would have 78,900,000.00 in dead money. The Packers are currently 13,144,793.00 under the cap. All the amateur capologist can save their time in claiming how they could do it by cutting players X,Y and Z. The Packers empowered Rodgers with his contract and they are stuck in this situation for at least 2 more seasons.

Thank you. Now I feel dumb for not looking that up myself. So, Rodgers is in the cat bird's seat for the next two seasons, at least. For anyone interested, here are the breakdowns. From this, the dead cap would be $59.4 million. Still unmanageable. And I will be more than willing to be corrected as to the dead cap situation.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers-3745/

This was the link I was using.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/green-bay-packers/

Whether it is 78M or 59M, it is too much to consider. They made the decision to sign him, now they just need to find a way to make it work with the understanding that he is in the drivers seat and not anyone else. The Packers need to just except it and move on with the daily operations.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2019, 12:11:59 AM »
I waited over a day to post on this one...

Yeah, there is definitely a bunch in here that I think a lot of us could somewhat diagnose from the outside.  Right now, however, I have one prevailing question.  WHO WAS THE SOURCE FOR THE TELEPHONE CALL BETWEEN AR AND MURPHY?  I would really like to know the answer to that as it would explain where some of the more scandalous parts of this article came from...

There are a few unnamed sources in the article, usually, big time articles of a sensitive nature have those. It's due to the reason that most will only speak on condition of anonymity. If the writer betrays that trust then he will.never get any anonymous sources to participate again, and the first source likely loses his job.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2019, 05:38:48 AM »
Yeah, after letting this sink in, this article is junk... Just a hatchet job by another parasite sports journalist looking for fame and fortune.

There's no counterpoint in the article, just negative quotes. The named sources are hypocritical, butt hurt ex-players looking to stay relevant with personal agendas to power whine. The "unnamed sources" are questionable at best.

Then there's the whole BS factor to the whole story. Coach was blowing off meetings for secrete massages in his office and Murphy told Rodgers "not to be the problem" when he called Rodgers to let him know about the new coach- what nonsense.

Again, there were issues, but this article is a joke.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:52:47 AM by Donzo »

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2019, 06:55:14 AM »
Relax, take a deep breath, it’s going to be fine. Rodgers is a competitor and wants to win. MMS inability or refusal to adapt to the game was the problem. I’m playing a wait and see game.
“What’s going on out there”

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 07:47:33 AM »
Relax, take a deep breath, it’s going to be fine. Rodgers is a competitor and wants to win. MMS inability or refusal to adapt to the game was the problem. I’m playing a wait and see game.

Agree.   Gotta let this play out, but this portrayal of Rodgers by the media will stick unless they turn this team around.  At some point **IF** things go South with Rodgers, LaFleur might need to grab a page from the Holmgren- Favre handbook and say 'Aaron, you and I are attached at the hip, we are going to sink or swim together'. 

We are far from that at this point. I actually have more concerns about our personnel than I do about these two working together.

Offline yourout

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »

Agree.   Gotta let this play out, but this portrayal of Rodgers by the media will stick unless they turn this team around.  At some point **IF** things go South with Rodgers, LaFleur might need to grab a page from the Holmgren- Favre handbook and say 'Aaron, you and I are attached at the hip, we are going to sink or swim together'. 

We are far from that at this point. I actually have more concerns about our personnel than I do about these two working together.

+1...As much as some are saying this paints ARod in a bad light(and it does) to me MM looks even worse. If your title says head coach they act like one. If they go out and win another SB in the next few years history will judge MM very harshly.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »
Yeah, after letting this sink in, this article is junk... Just a hatchet job by another parasite sports journalist looking for fame and fortune.

There's no counterpoint in the article, just negative quotes. The named sources are hypocritical, butt hurt ex-players looking to stay relevant with personal agendas to power whine. The "unnamed sources" are questionable at best.

Then there's the whole BS factor to the whole story. Coach was blowing off meetings for secrete massages in his office and Murphy told Rodgers "not to be the problem" when he called Rodgers to let him know about the new coach- what nonsense.

The article is mostly negative. But that what it was intended to do, show you all the pieces to the crumbling puzzle. The only thing I think would be far-fetched is MM getting massages instead of going to team meetings.

Why is it out of the realm of possibility that Rodgers would spite MM so hard? Rodgers has always been known to have a chip on his shoulder, and everyone praised it up until this point. He could have been more receptive to MM early in his career, but as his own football knowledge grew and MM stayed in place he could have grown more and more frustrated.

The article also pointed out that there wasnt an all star cast to mask the ineptitude anymore. Pretty fair to say that's true.

You may not like the article, but that doesnt mean the whole thing is a farce.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2019, 03:23:38 PM »

You may not like the article, but that doesnt mean the whole thing is a farce.

Well, yeah... Is anyone claiming the whole thing is a farce?

What's a farce, as I pointed outed, is the hatchet job by a parasite sports journalist. Zero counterpoint, butt hurt public sources with a long history of bellyaching about Rodgers and McCarthy and then "anonymous sources" with ridiculous statements... It's just silly.

All in all, people reading the article that come away with negative feelings want to have negative feelings... People that objectively read the article saw the irresponsible mess that it is.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2019, 04:55:24 PM »

In the end, whether this article is totally accurate or Swiss cheese journalism is simply a matter of opinion. In the end, as you so wisely put it. "I'm playing a wait and see game". Which is the only thing we can do. I'm hopeful, but then again, that is just my nature.

Oh, and Donzo, your take on Dunne and his sources is eerily similar to what was said about the coverage of the Watergate break-in. A "second rate burglary" which turned out to be a lot more than that. Definitely, Dunne had an agenda. He wasn't trying to give a balanced view of the Packers, but what he perceived as the reasons the team has faltered the last few years.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 05:00:20 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2019, 06:19:13 PM »

In the end, whether this article is totally accurate or Swiss cheese journalism is simply a matter of opinion. In the end, as you so wisely put it. "I'm playing a wait and see game". Which is the only thing we can do. I'm hopeful, but then again, that is just my nature.

Oh, and Donzo, your take on Dunne and his sources is eerily similar to what was said about the coverage of the Watergate break-in. A "second rate burglary" which turned out to be a lot more than that. Definitely, Dunne had an agenda. He wasn't trying to give a balanced view of the Packers, but what he perceived as the reasons the team has faltered the last few years.

Ah Rickster takin' the high road.  It was a hack job but I don't care.  Nice to see Godgers taken down a peg.  Still mad as hell after that AZ game.  Season on the line and he mailed it in. My hope is this article really fires him up and he lights up the league this year.  Only way he'll get back in my good graces.  MLF comes across as a pretty cool guy.  If Aaron can't work with him he can't work with anyone.  No excuses.  Real crap show last few years.   Gute will surround him with enough talent to win.  He's the ultimate competitor?  Prove it bring home the Lombardi trophy.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2019, 05:46:47 AM »

Oh my, that's some weak sauce. The Watergate stuff is silly and whitewashing the epidemic of journalists making things up is foolhardy. We're living in a time where fake news is glorified... It would take less than five minutes to research the situation and you'd come up with a 1,000 examples.

Just off the top of my head, I can name a bunch of 'fabulists": Claas Reloitis, Bob Mcgin, Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Paige Wiser, Mark Zern, Jason Blair and Stephen Glass.

But, like I already stated, it doesn't matter. Some posters that want to bellyache about Rodgers and McCarthy, like scoremore, Craig and Shinesman, love the made up stuff... Then there are posters, like myself, looking for authenticity and accurate analysis... So, what ya gonna do. Really, we've wasted too much time on this nonsense.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2019, 05:48:54 AM »
....  MLF comes across as a pretty cool guy.  If Aaron can't work with him he can't work with anyone. ....

I kind of feel that way too, at the personality level at least.  Whether Rodgers will respect the play-calling decisions and creativity, that's maybe a different question; but at the personality level, I think MLF might be a very good individual to work with. 

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2019, 06:24:30 AM »

Oh my, that's some weak sauce. The Watergate stuff is silly and whitewashing the epidemic of journalists making things up is foolhardy. We're living in a time where fake news is glorified... It would take less than five minutes to research the situation and you'd come up with a 1,000 examples.

Just off the top of my head, I can name a bunch of 'fabulists": Claas Reloitis, Bob Mcgin, Brian Williams, Rachel Maddow, Paige Wiser, Mark Zern, Jason Blair and Stephen Glass.

But, like I already stated, it doesn't matter. Some posters that want to bellyache about Rodgers and McCarthy, like scoremore, Craig and Shinesman, love the made up stuff... Then there are posters, like myself, looking for authenticity and accurate analysis... So, what ya gonna do. Really, we've wasted too much time on this nonsense.

Normally no Donzo.  McHack used to drive me nuts with his rubbish.  Only difference now is I'm still pissed at Godgers.  So welcome a little rattling of his cage.  Really don't know what is going on in his head.  All i see is his performance on the field and it isn't pretty.  This sandlot football has to stop.  MM does deserve some blame in all this.  Pretty clear his offensive game plans sucked as well.  Real crapshow last year just a damn crapshow.  Don't blame Murphtones for pulling the plug after that AZ game.  Pathetic display with the season on the line at home.  Pathetic.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2019, 06:46:54 AM »
Oh yeah, I didn't mean anything by it, scoremore... I was going by your comment about not caring about the hack job and liking how it bashes Rodgers.

On to the draft.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2019, 07:53:14 AM »
Oh yeah, I didn't mean anything by it, scoremore... I was going by your comment about not caring about the hack job and liking how it bashes Rodgers.

On to the draft.

No worries Donzo it's all good.  Have been in draft mode since December.