April 18, 2019, 05:39:56 PM

Author Topic: Interesting Article on the Packers Fall  (Read 2267 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Interesting Article on the Packers Fall
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »
I listened to the Wilde conversation. I hadn't heard Rodgers in a few years. He seems a little bitter. And his accent has changed. He's affecting something. Must be the crowd he runs with these days.

"crowd he runs with these days"? He's a world famous multi-millionaire, so he "hangs with" a different crowd than most of us. Big deal.

Of note in the interview amidst all the vehement denials, was that no mention was made of the massage thing. So that's actually true. That's pretty astonishing.  That will follow McCarthy forever.

McCarthy has gone on record specifically denying any such incident: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/04/mike-mccarthy-denies-he-had-massages-during-team-meetings/

Rodgers mentioned that lots of past teammates had reached out to him with support after the story dropped. I couldn't help wondering about that, considering how he systematically shuts people out of his life as he does his social climbing thing.  Would he even have returned those folks messages if not for this story?  I believe that Rodgers is a social climbing douche on a personal level, (he will never again deign to date a non-famous person, we can all bet on that) but he's talented and so yay team.

Dunne's article was a heartfelt Valentine card compared to you take on Rodgers and his life/lifestyle. You have the right to hate him, or be jealous of his talent and lifestyle. Personally, as stated earlier, I believe Dunne had an agenda when writing the article. Whether true or not, it certainly did get a lot of attention.

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
He didn't call a press conference, however his (Murphy's) denial was pretty direct, loud and clear:

"It's all in the past, a lot of half-truths and a lot of stuff just made up," Murphy told Emerich. "The conversation that allegedly took place between Aaron and I was completely false."

Close, but no cigar. Murphy came out with this statement the day AFTER the PFT article. So, it seems he reacted to the article only after being prodded by PFT. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that he gave his denial the day AFTER being criticized by PFT.

What is interesting is that Rodgers seems to be embracing MLF's changes, and, at least publically, seems to be pretty fired up about the changes to the offense, and the direction the offense might be taking.

From CheeseheadTV: https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/a-studious-rodgers-embracing-change-learning-a-new-offense-325
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 03:35:55 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2019, 04:05:53 PM »

What is interesting is that Rodgers seems to be embracing MLF's changes, and, at least publically, seems to be pretty fired up about the changes to the offense, and the direction the offense might be taking.

The most important sentence in this entire thread.   thumbsup)

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
I agree GM, that is indeed the most significant information in the thread thumbsup)

ricky, the intent of an article like Dunne's is to stir the pot to sell papers and clicks. It wasn't worthy of a news conferencdconference. When asked he said the article was a mis a half truths and outright lies.

I certainly do not believe that Rodgers is or should be above critique. However, it ought to be based in fact and current circumstances, not muck raking and recycled quotes from a few disgruntled ex-packers who are basking in the attention of a questionably sourced speculative piece.

Brings to mind the iconic scene from a great classic film "Cool Hand Luke." Oh come on! Stop beatin' it! Get out there yourself! Stop feedin' off me! Get out of here! -- Luke Jackson
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2019, 08:39:42 PM »
Does he mean they didnt have one, or that he just didnt tell Arod not to be the problem? Because Rodgers clearly said that they had a conversation. Interesting.

That’s funny, I actually LOLed a bit… You need to reread it. Murphy acknowledged the conversation with Rodgers; he’s just refuting how Done (sic) described it.

"The conversation that allegedly took place between Aaron and I is completely false." Read it, it can be interpreted that he is saying the actual happening of the conversation was false. Meaning he didnt have one. Maybe you should learn to read before insulting everyone.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."