June 25, 2019, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Present needs / future needs  (Read 997 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Present needs / future needs
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 08:18:04 AM »
Yes.
Very well written! Thanks, onetwosixfive!

A couple a late round/UFDA RB’s that could fit MLF’s offense are Tony Pollard of Memphis and Craig Reynolds of Kutztown.

Gute May take a late round flyer (6th-7th) on LB Kaden Ellis/Idaho, and let Pettine play him at ILB. The kid can cover in the passing game and has the ability to blitz. I went and looked at what film I could find on him and was impressed. Also read that 12 scouts(including Green Bay) were at his pro day and GB brought him in for a visit. So there seems to be interest.

Also like Pollard, just a good all around player. You went with the 'other guy' at Memphis, but don't forget about the 'other guy' at Florida Atlantic, Kerrith Whyte, Jr. Ran a 4.37/40 and 42 vertical, is a similar type of player to Pollard and might be an UDFA.

Like the deep diving on Reynolds. I'm going to add one, Dom Bragalone from Lehigh. Set the state single season rushing record for the state of Pennsylvania with 4,704 yards in High School and than rushed for 4,324 yards in his career at Lehigh. But what put him on NFL radar was his pro day where he ran 4.52/40, 35.5 vertical and 4.22 short shuttle. Add 31 reps on the bench and that was at 233 pounds. Also caught 41 passes at Lehigh, with those numbers could a roll as a hybrid FB be in his future in a MLF type offense? Might be worth a look as an UDFA.   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:22:25 AM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »
This idea is going to make many uncomfortable to think about it, but Tillery very well could be in play at 12 for the Packers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-jerry-tillery-is-elite-top-10-prospect

Here I go bragging on a guy and he has surgery.

Tillery underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
Tillery is looking at a 3-to-4 month recovery timetable, which puts him on track to be ready for the start of the regular season.

I would think this is probably going to hurt his draft status a little. IMO

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 02:17:02 AM »
This idea is going to make many uncomfortable to think about it, but Tillery very well could be in play at 12 for the Packers.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-jerry-tillery-is-elite-top-10-prospect

Tillery underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
Tillery is looking at a 3-to-4 month recovery timetable, which puts him on track to be ready for the start of the regular season.

If he drops to #30 or #44, all the better. This is a player who is already a good interior power rusher, and one who is ascending in areas of consistent effort, hand use, and recognition.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

Hmmm. This is interesting timing for the surgery. I guess it makes some sense, as he was able to make some money during the predraft process, but it seems he is giving some of that money back having the surgery now. It will certainly push hime into the back end of the 1st round, where it is likely a good team with a stacked roster an not a lot of glaring needs will be able to wait for him if he has to start the roster on the PUP or as a member of the 53 but inactive for the first few weeks.

IMO he's a good fit for the pats.