July 22, 2019, 06:47:34 AM

Author Topic: TDN five round mock  (Read 1211 times)

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
TDN five round mock
« on: March 31, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »
Just did a 5 round mock on TDN using the predictive settings.

Brian Burns

T.J. Hockenson

Darnell Savage

Terry McLaurin

Greg Little

Ben Banogu
EDGE, TCU

Armon Watts
DL, Arkansas

I took Burns because I think he has the highest upside of any of the edge guys in the draft and I think Z. Smith will be playing on the line a lot, and just getting moved around a lot. I don't see Fackrell repeating his numbers from this past year(probably 6-8 sacks). I don't think Preston will be a big time pass rusher either(probably around 8 sacks). There is no way Hock is still there at 30 but, obviously i'm not going to pass him up there. I love Savages game and upside. perfect fit next to Amos. There wasn't a lot left on the board in the 3rd as far as any of GB's needs. McLaurin was good value and can also return punts and kicks and play some slot. I took Little because he was another great value and can sit behind bulaga for a year and just learn and work on his craft. With the 2nd pick in the 4th I wanted to take a guard or ILB but, again the value wasn't there and I think Banogu has a lot of upside and can play STs. Same thing happened in the 5th, took Watts because Daniels will be a FA next year and they haven't signed anyone else yet and he's got some upside.

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
Re: TDN five round mock
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:21:52 PM »
Just did a seven rounder on fanspeak.

12: R1P12 
DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
CLEMSON
30: R1P30 
TE NOAH FANT
IOWA
44: R2P12
S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
FLORIDA
75: R3P11 
EDGE MAXX CROSBY
EASTERN MICHIGAN
114: R4P12 
WR TERRY MCLAURIN
OHIO ST.
118: R4P16 
OT MAX SCHARPING
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
150: R5P12 
RB JUSTICE HILL
OKLAHOMA ST.
185: R6P12 
G RYAN BATES
PENN ST.
194: R6P21 
LB JAHLANI TAVAI
HAWAII
226: R7P12 
QB JORDAN TA’AMU
OLE MISS

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:53:08 AM »
I'm not a fan of Burns in the first round. I did like bmaaafi's mock, but Lawrence seems to be going much higher than rated.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
Just did probably my last mock on TDN. If the draft fell this way I would do back flips.

Devin Bush Jr., LB, Michigan
While I don't love him if they take him I would be ok with the pick.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S,Florida
One of my favorite players in the draft. put him at FS and give him #36. He is the FS version of Leroy Butler

Jace Sternberger, TE,Texas A&M
Back up year one. Gets to work on functional strength when it comes to blocking. Replacement for Graham in year two.

Dennis Daley, OT,South Carolina
Can be a Guard or RT. Takes over at RG or RT in year two.

Malik Carney, EDGE, North Carolina
OLB depth not much after P Smith and Fackrell. Z Smith will be moved all over so depth is needed.

Terry Beckner, IDL, Missouri
Could develop into a starter, should be atleast a good rotational guy.

Ryan Bates, OT, Penn State
Similar to Daley, could start at one of the guard spots or RT in year two or three depending on how Taylor plays this year and what they decide to do with Turner and Daley in '20. Probably best fit at guard though.

Devine Ozigbo, RB, Nebraska
Has some development potential, could continue to rework his body and be a better version of Williams

Gary Jennings Jr., WR, West Virginia
Versatile guy who can play all over and has good speed. Has experience as a returner, can play the slot and has the size the packers like at WR.

Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
I don't think he will be there at 226 but definitely worth the investment. could still develop into a starter and trade him in 3 years for a 4th. Should develop into a good #2 at least.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »
bmaafi, really like this draft, and actually think this has a good chance of being how the Packers use their first three picks (IF they don't trade). I truly believe they're more interested in Sternberger than anyone knows. And Greg Cosell on "Mad Dog Radio" called him a "sleeper pick", and compared his skill set to Travis Kelce. High praise indeed. Welcome aboard, and very good draft.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 03:33:09 PM »
I'm not a fan of Burns in the first round. I did like bmaaafi's mock, but Lawrence seems to be going much higher than rated.

Same here with Burns, Unless he gets on the juice, he's a third down pass rusher.  Otherwise, he's going to get driven in the next zip code on running plays at the next level.  Maybe they have plans to "Develop" him??  It worked with Matthews.  JMO 

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »

Same here with Burns, Unless he gets on the juice, he's a third down pass rusher.  Otherwise, he's going to get driven in the next zip code on running plays at the next level.  Maybe they have plans to "Develop" him??  It worked with Matthews.  JMO

I disagree, I think Burns could be a 12-15 sack a season type player, a jevon kearse type player(not the same level of freak but close). I think we all get caught up in the fact that he played at FSU and was a little undersized so we all flash back to Jamal Reynolds. Reynolds had other issues that Burns doesn't. Reynolds lacked any pass rush moves. Also had the knee injury that killed some of his athleticism. While undersized Burns shows a desire to get physical with offensive linemen. Burns was also playing with his hand in the ground a lot at FSU. JMO though.

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 11:11:00 AM »
Just did probably my last mock on TDN. If the draft fell this way I would do back flips.

Devin Bush Jr., LB, Michigan
While I don't love him if they take him I would be ok with the pick.

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, S,Florida
One of my favorite players in the draft. put him at FS and give him #36. He is the FS version of Leroy Butler

Jace Sternberger, TE,Texas A&M
Back up year one. Gets to work on functional strength when it comes to blocking. Replacement for Graham in year two.

Dennis Daley, OT,South Carolina
Can be a Guard or RT. Takes over at RG or RT in year two.

Malik Carney, EDGE, North Carolina
OLB depth not much after P Smith and Fackrell. Z Smith will be moved all over so depth is needed.

Terry Beckner, IDL, Missouri
Could develop into a starter, should be atleast a good rotational guy.

Similar to Daley, could start at one of the guard spots or RT in year two or three depending on how Taylor plays this year and what they decide to do with Turner and Daley in '20. Probably best fit at guard though.

Has some development potential, could continue to rework his body and be a better version of Williams

Gary Jennings Jr., WR, West Virginia
Versatile guy who can play all over and has good speed. Has experience as a returner, can play the slot and has the size the packers like at WR.

Ryan Finley, QB, NC State
I don't think he will be there at 226 but definitely worth the investment. could still develop into a starter and trade him in 3 years for a 4th. Should develop into a good #2 at least.

I said F it and did one more:

Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State

Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

Renell Wren, IDL, Arizona State

Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois

Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawai'i

Ka'dar Hollman, CB, Toledo

Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State