July 17, 2019, 09:51:42 PM

Author Topic: footballdad Final final mock  (Read 940 times)

Offline footballdad

• Starter
footballdad Final final mock
« on: April 22, 2019, 10:03:53 PM »
12) Jawaan Taylor OT Florida
30) Jeffrey Simmons DT Mississippi St
44) Juan Thornhill S Virginia
75) Jace Sternberger TE Texas A&M
114) Tre Lamar LB Clemson
118) Darryl Henderson RB Memphis
150) Maxx Crosby  Edge Eastern Michigan
185) Bobby Okerke LB Stanford
194) Jordan Brown CB South Dakota State
226) Justin Hollins Edge Oregon

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
Re: footballdad Final final mock
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:03:37 AM »
 Nice group of players. Taylor would be a day one 10 year player at any T/G position on the line, would be fine with him at 12. If Thornhill, Henderson and Brown were all there with those picks, that would be great thumbsup)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:50:14 AM »
I think Green Bay takes Jonah Williams at 12 and I think the Packers move up from 30 to 25 giving up a 4th and and grab Simmons in front of the Colts. Thus giving Green Bay future starters on both lines of scrimmage. I don't think Simmons makes it to 30, as the Colts wants a stud DT.

I will do the 2-4 rounds later.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 05:05:25 AM »
I think Green Bay takes Jonah Williams at 12 and I think the Packers move up from 30 to 25 giving up a 4th and and grab Simmons in front of the Colts. Thus giving Green Bay future starters on both lines of scrimmage. I don't think Simmons makes it to 30, as the Colts wants a stud DT.

Williams seems to me to be a Bulaga clone and if it worked out that way it would be a great pick. I also have worked out that Simmons scenario several times, but I believe that they may need to go to 21(Seattle) or 22(Baltimore) to land him. Both Seattle and Baltimore are shopping their picks. Rosen and Philly who are at 25 have a history of being difficult to trade with. Also add in that Oakland sits at 24 and with 3 first, very well may feel that they can use one on Simmons. Agree that DL and OL will probably make up 2 of the first 3 picks, could very well be the first 2 picks.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 05:19:42 AM »
So for the complete mock here it is:

1.   Jonah Williams -OT Alabama
1B. Jeffery Simmons- DT-MS St.
2.   Darnell Savage-S- MD
3.   Jace Stenberger-TE-TX A&M
4.   Germaine Pratt-ILB-NC St.
4B. Traded
5.   Maxx Crosby-Edge-Eastern MI.
6.   Penny Hart-WR- GA. St.
6B. Andrew Beck- TE/HB-TX
7.   Devine Ozigbo- RB-NE
This draft along with the FA haul earlier will make the Packers better in most areas.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline bmaafi

• Second String
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 11:43:46 AM »
I would rather have a edge at 12(value) than Williams who I feel could still be there five picks later and I don't think Crosby will be there in the 5th. But overall I like it.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »

Williams seems to me to be a Bulaga clone and if it worked out that way it would be a great pick. I also have worked out that Simmons scenario several times, but I believe that they may need to go to 21(Seattle) or 22(Baltimore) to land him. Both Seattle and Baltimore are shopping their picks. Rosen and Philly who are at 25 have a history of being difficult to trade with. Also add in that Oakland sits at 24 and with 3 first, very well may feel that they can use one on Simmons. Agree that DL and OL will probably make up 2 of the first 3 picks, could very well be the first 2 picks.

Wonder what SEA will do now that they have traded Clark to KC and have the #29 pick as well?

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
I would rather have a edge at 12(value) than Williams who I feel could still be there five picks later and I don't think Crosby will be there in the 5th. But overall I like it.

The likelihood of them drafting an EDGE players at 12 is probably fairly low. Don't believe they would invest the highest pick they have had in a decade on a player who would be a part time player for the next 3-4 years. IMO. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »

Wonder what SEA will do now that they have traded Clark to KC and have the #29 pick as well?

They may not be as willing of trade partner with the 21st pick as they were before the trade. My guess is that if they make those picks, that they will be taking 2 players that are on the Packers wish list for pick 30.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 12:27:13 PM »
I'd bet they are looking to add two defensive studs............Safety and DL/DE in the 1st round

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 01:43:12 PM »
I'd bet they are looking to add two defensive studs............Safety and DL/DE in the 1st round

My first thought was they are probably hooked onto the same safeties that the Packers have at the top of their board.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 03:36:30 PM »

Seattle will likely trade down with one of those 1st round picks (maybe both).  They still need picks, and that defense has been depleted over the past 2 years.  Clark was a big part of that defense.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:10:37 PM by The GM »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »
So for the complete mock here it is:

1.   Jonah Williams -OT Alabama
1B. Jeffery Simmons- DT-MS St.
2.   Darnell Savage-S- MD
3.   Jace Stenberger-TE-TX A&M
4.   Germaine Pratt-ILB-NC St.
4B. Traded
5.   Maxx Crosby-Edge-Eastern MI.
6.   Penny Hart-WR- GA. St.
6B. Andrew Beck- TE/HB-TX
7.   Devine Ozigbo- RB-NE
This draft along with the FA haul earlier will make the Packers better in most areas.

Good job Hands, Williams is my pick too at 12.  Hard to know where Gute might go but Williams offers some good flexibility to go guard or Tackle as does Billy Turner.  It just makes sense with both of those guy's flexibility to go forward.  Williams has played against the best, both in the SEC (lots of great players the past few years) along with going against his own teammates at Bama. Good choice if he makes it to 12, and Gute goes that way, IMO.

You could start with Bulaga at RT and Turner at RG.   When Bulaga goes you can plug in Williams or Turner according to their strengths at RT with the other playing RG. It helps a lot on the OL.  We'll see if it comes to fruition on Thursday.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:15:20 PM by The GM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 05:47:51 PM »
I don't believe for a minute that the Packers would spend the 12th pick in the draft on a player if they viewed him as a future guard.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »

My first thought was they are probably hooked onto the same safeties that the Packers have at the top of their board.

I think Savage is the closest thing to what Thomas was for SEA in this draft