August 22, 2019, 08:02:50 PM

Author Topic: Russel Wilson highest paid player  (Read 606 times)

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Russel Wilson highest paid player
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:49:31 PM »
Seattle lost their mind. Hes not a top 5 qb. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers & Rothlesberger are all better.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:44 PM »
Seattle lost their mind. Hes not a top 5 qb. Brady, Brees, Rivers, Rodgers & Rothlesberger are all better.

The alternative was to let him walk next year, or get into a big hassle with trying to franchise him, or something else contentious. Are they nuts? Sure. But then again, Garoppolo got paid huge money for one season as a starter. Sooner or later, a team will take a stand. Maybe. But what GM wants to let a franchise QB walk in their prime, and bring in an unknown? Oh yeah, Ted Thompson in GB. And that did work out. But you better have a really good "Plan B" if you want to do this. Not, "I'll draft this guy out of college and he'll work out". Though it did work with Bledsoe being traded, and a sixth round unknown taking over in NE.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »

I strongly disagree that Roethlisberger, Brees, and Rivers are better than Wilson. Brees has lost his ability to drive the ball downfield and Roethlisberger is regressing as well. Rivers is the only one who hasn't really regressed in his age.

He's definitely a top 5 QB and imo the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

I strongly disagree that Roethlisberger, Brees, and Rivers are better than Wilson. Brees has lost his ability to drive the ball downfield and Roethlisberger is regressing as well. Rivers is the only one who hasn't really regressed in his age.

He's definitely a top 5 QB and imo the 3rd best QB in the NFL right now.

Nobody was going to give up the kings ransom in draft picks and then make him the highest paid player in the NFL on top of it.  Wilson made his mark a few years ago with the top defense in the NFL and handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch.   Wilson is a very good QB, but with the Rams, and 49ers getting better, and the Cards seeing what Kingsbury and Murray may do,  Wilson may find himself having to do a lot more than he previously did to win the division in the coming years.       

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 04:10:50 PM »
Also may be why he held steady for a no trade clause as part of the deal.

Pay me.................and live/die with me.