October 19, 2019, 03:39:15 AM

Author Topic: Last mock  (Read 573 times)

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
Last mock
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »
    Trade down from #12 to #15 with Washington.

1) Christian Wilkins, DL, Clemson
     1) Parris Campbell Jr., WR/ KR/ PR, Ohio St.
     2) Darnell Savage Jr., S,  Maryland
     3) Joe Jackson, OLB/ DE, Miami
     3) Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
     4) David Edwards, T, Wisconsin
     4) Mitch Hyatt, T/G, Clemson
     5) Dexter Williams, RB, Notre Dame
     6) Jordan Scarlett, RB, Florida
     6) Cody Barton, ILB, Utah
     7) Charles Wright, OLB/ ILB, Vanderbilt

With the roster shored up going into the season, was able to sit back and let the draft fall. With the need to add some talent to the OL, made a couple need picks in round 4. Should be able to get a starting year 2 player out of Madison, Edwards and Hyatt. Not to mention the big jump Patrick made toward the end of the season last year.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:22:53 PM by SET4YRS »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Last mock
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 02:04:46 PM »
Wilkins: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christian-wilkins?id=32195749-4c08-1088
Seems like he might be a rotational player the first year, but could become very good with some work in the weight room, and coaching that would address his weaknesses.

Campbell: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/parris-campbell?id=32194341-4d23-0411-19c3-b6e460708ae9
Seems like he has upside, but a lot to learn to become a decent NFL WR. This is NOT a player that Rodgers would trust quickly.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 02:12:24 PM »
 Wilkins needs to work on his run game a bit, like most pass rush threat DL need to when drafted. It really hurt to not take a pass rusher at 15, not sure one will be there. Campbell will be a special player, just think about all the players drafted on potential alone rather than what they can do day one. He is a day one player, may not make it past Baltimore or KC to us. Definitely not past NE. Every draft prospect has a weakness listed.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:36:40 PM »
Not a bad draft. I would love it if Gute was able to trade back just a bit and pick up a mid round pick like this. I am a fan of Christian Wilkins and think he will be a great pro. Instead of Parris Campbell though, I think there is a real sweet spot for OL at pick #30 such as Dalton Risner, Chris Lindstrom, or Erik McCoy. Then you skip the wasted pick of Edwards in the 4th (I am down on the Badgers OL prospects this year) and grab  a slot WR there like MeCole Hardman. Also I prefer the potential of Kahale Warring over Sternberger.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »
 Hardman was in another one of my mocks, good prospect. He could bulk up and still have elite speed, probably won't be there in the 4th though. Campbell will be much more than a slot in time. Lindstrom could be in play at 30 or 44, hard to say, think the OL players will get overdrafted as need picks. Watched clips of Risner and he looks like he's knee deep in sand, put up decent numbers at the combine though. McCoy seems more like a pure center. Elgton Jenkins in the mid to late 2nd would be my pick in that range for OL. Edwards was playing hurt last year, think he could be a good prospect given a year of coaching and getting into NFL shape. Lots of options for TE in rounds 3-4, could be Warring or a few others, maybe Gutey moves up into the 2nd and snags Oliver. They should have a good draft, these are just some of the players I like for us and about where they should be BPA, outside of the round 4 OL picks.