November 20, 2019, 05:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Who do you trust  (Read 593 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Who do you trust
« on: April 24, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
for draft info?

I really like Ben Fennell and Dane Brugler-  They both contribute to the Athletic but are on Twitter.

I like Lance Z's write ups on NFL.com.  Not impressed with any of the other NFL.com folks.

Of course there is Mc Ginn's work.  Love the  colorful quotes from actual scouts- One scout was quoted as saying Fant couldn't block him-  Another scout said he thought a player should be a center because he has a flat a**.   You won't get that from Kiper.

As a rule the national guys mock draft's are a joke.

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Who do you trust
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 01:43:52 PM »
Andy Herman (CHTV), Fennell, Pigskin Paul from GBN, the analysts from TheDraftNetwork, Bleacher Report. Daniel Jeremiah is well plugged into the draft scene. I like the tall, quietly-spoken former defensive end, who does some onfield reports at the Combine (I just can't remember his name, but he's good). Brian Billick has some good insight. Can't think of anyone else who stands out.

I do know the OurLads group are highly thought of by some, but since that is paid content I don't know myself how good they are.

That leaves a whole lot of well known draft gurus who are not on my list.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 02:40:07 AM »
RT and dannobananno. Seriously. Both offer good insight and obviously dig deep, at least from a packer perspective. Both are a wealth of info and though I don't always agree, I always appreciate the effort.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 03:55:02 AM »
RT and dannobananno. Seriously. Both offer good insight and obviously dig deep, at least from a packer perspective. Both are a wealth of info and though I don't always agree, I always appreciate the effort.

You’re too kind fbd! You and many others add a lot to this Packer family.

RT is the one with the real goods.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 06:50:32 AM »
Appreciate the praise and kind words from both of you, you're both posters that bring sound takes and I enjoy the interaction with. Here's to a great 3 draft days for the Packers. Now lets get back to throwing rocks at each other before someone feels the need to wisecrack that we all should just get a room.   

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 03:39:29 PM »
PS The quietly spoken Defensive End whose name I couldn't remember ?
Willie McGinest
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"