July 17, 2019, 09:42:17 PM

Author Topic: Its Showtime Ladies!!! Who is the Pick?  (Read 982 times)

Offline dbishop

• Starter
Re: Its Showtime Ladies!!! Who is the Pick?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 08:24:54 AM »

Not excited about an OL at #12.
I think an Edge guy is the right choice.
I think either Burns or Sweat.

At #30 either an OL (Risner/Ford) or S (Gardner-Johnson/Thornhill)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 08:37:00 AM »
BMAAFI,  Saw it on one of the drat boards yesterday.  If I can find it, I'll post it for you. 

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 08:44:38 AM »
I think at #12 Brian Burns will still be available (much like Harold Landry or Derwin James last year) and they'll pass or trade down. It will be a little too rich for one of the Iowa Tight Ends, and although I really, really would like to land Ed Oliver, he'll be long gone, so I think it'll be:

Jawaan Taylor - OT - Florida

#30 will be a much more interesting pick and I could easily see Gutey using it along with the #12 pick and in combination with later picks to move up and down as he sees fit in Round 1 and 2.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »
JMHO............but the #12 pick won't necessarily be the best "freak" elite athlete on the board.

MLF will want guys who "fit" his offensive system, and we don't know what that metric is that he will want.

Gute already spent $153M on defense in FA, so I have a hard time envisioning a defensive player at #12 UNLESS it's an Ed Oliver at #12, or Quinen Williams is still on the board at 9 or 10.

Also, Cole Madison showing up for off-season training and the signing of OL Billy Turner may have changed the dynamic of the need for an OL at #12. They're not spending starter money ($7M/yr) on Turner just to let him ride the pine as an injury fill-in. He's currently the 9th highest paid RT in the NFL and 13th highest paid RG, and they have been gushing over Madison since he showed up.
Any team picking in the top 15 (and especially top 10) is expecting that first pick to be a day 1 starter. If he's not, then questions start getting asked about the intelligence of the personnel department. Taylor, Dillard, and Williams are all wonderful players, but all three still have warts, and having your #12 pick OL sit (and learn) for a year doesn't help the team win much this year. (just my two cents)

But you can bet MLF will be in Gute's ear about who he wants all night long, AND.......that Gute will do his best to give his new HC what he's telling Gute he wants.

I'm sure they've had long conversations over the last couple of months and have a very solid grasp of the players that best fit the "NEW" Packers, and where they may be available in the draft.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 01:33:00 PM »
You have to remember Seattle is now armed to move up, Giants are armed to move up, Jets definitely want out of their pick, maybe someone else wants out.  Does Cincinnati take a QB? Is there a run on QB's in the first ten picks, gosh I hope so!!  Because of the confusion, does someone drop in our lap?

Three teams fully capably of screwing this up, Oakland, Jets and Cinn.  I would add the Vikings, but they are picking after us!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 04:05:37 PM »
Wilkins at 12 and we go Adderley at 30.  Final prediction on draft eve. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Wilkins at 12 and we go Adderley at 30.  Final prediction on draft eve.

This would have made me very, very happy. Alas, the best laid plans....
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid