July 16, 2019, 05:01:12 AM

Author Topic: What would blow your mind tonight?  (Read 1315 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: What would blow your mind tonight?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2019, 07:05:12 PM »
Gary at #12 blew my mind. I hope Im wrong, but also at LBer? Maybe moving between end and LB? Did Pettine have a lot of say in this pick? If so, then I'd feel a lot better about the pick.

He is an EDGE player in the Pettine defense. He is a Z. Smith clone, maybe even more athletic.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
Took Z Smith a few years to develop into the player he is now (same as Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson et al !).  Hope fans remember that

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2019, 08:23:45 PM »
Took Z Smith a few years to develop into the player he is now (same as Davante Adams or Jordy Nelson et al !).  Hope fans remember that

+1.  It takes time to develop.  I bet Pettine was right there when they picked him and was part of the discussion.  They know exactly what they are getting. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2019, 10:15:57 PM »
Gary at #12 blew my mind. I hope Im wrong, but also at LBer? Maybe moving between end and LB? Did Pettine have a lot of say in this pick? If so, then I'd feel a lot better about the pick.

He is an EDGE player in the Pettine defense. He is a Z. Smith clone, maybe even more athletic.

Thank you. I now officially feel better. Then I read he had a shoulder issue. Apparently the Packers aren't worried. I'll do the worrying for all of us.

https://247sports.com/Article/Rashan-Gary-NFL-Draft-2019-shoulder-injury-131436967/

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2019, 03:14:46 AM »
Drafting Rashan Gary at #12 would be shocking in a bad way. So would a receiver at #12 . Drafting Simmons or Ferrell at #30 would be shocking in a good way.

Well they went and did it. Now I have to try and get on board with the pick. High upside with significant risk (not of an outright bust, but of him becoming an average player), so in coachspeak, 'high ceiling, low(ish) floor'.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online packlaw

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2019, 04:19:55 AM »
With the draft and free agency, the defensive front and safeties have been addressed.  The next biggest need is the offensive line and a good tight end.  I am hoping tonight those two areas are addressed.  It would blow my mind if they are not.  I think they will trade down and try to get one of the fourth rounders back.