July 17, 2019, 09:29:12 PM

Author Topic: Day 2 Live Draft Comments  (Read 3167 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Day 2 Live Draft Comments
« on: April 25, 2019, 03:56:13 PM »
Thanks Mancl we are open for Day 2 comments.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:28:04 AM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Day 2 options
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:01:30 AM »
With no 4th round picks the Packers almost have to take an o lineman and tight end.

These include

Cody Ford and Taylor-  Both were considered lst round picks - not sure why they dropped.

Greg Little- they had him in for a visit

Risner-

Little is strictly a tackle while the others can play either position

Any tight end not from Iowa

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Day 2 options
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:44:00 AM »
I really think Jonah from AL was going to be GB's pick at 12, but other teams liked him better. They may think the players in hand can handle the OT position if Bulaga goes down for any length of time verses any player on the board now. In Williams that got a great OT...now they got a potentially great DE/Edge guy so maybe WR and TE are the picks tonight and OT for the third day.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 06:27:34 AM »
Still some talent on the board for round 2:

Drew Lock
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Deebo Samuel
Irv Smith
Jawaan Taylor
Dalton Risner
Cody Ford
Erik McCoy
Chase Winovich
Greedy Williams
Byron Murphy
Chauncey Gardner Johnson
Nasir Adderley
Juan Thornhill

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
A second round mock:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4/26/18516708/2019-nfl-mock-draft-second-round-day-2-drew-lock-dk-metcalf

Not sure if the link will work.  We ended up with Risner in this one.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:14:32 AM by The GM »

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 07:19:29 AM »
With the Both 4th rounders now gone!! We got to and better draft wisely cause after the 3rd round at #75 it’s 75 picks away until the 5 round at pick 150!! So I hope Darnell Savage is worth both of them 4th round picks.. I’m still scratching my head on Rashaun Gary.. I believe if Hockenson was still on the board would we have taken him.. I’m not upset with our picks yes giving up both 4ths hurts, but maybe Savage will be a homerun hit.. However!! Whoever we draft is what us Packer fans have too accept and let it play out.. Yes there’s going to be bust that’s going to happen.. Let these coaches and Gm do there jobs. Just remember!! These other guys that we don’t draft.. They can be bust as well!! So I feel these other teams aren’t better than us cause they drafted these top named players!! These players have to have heart and Charisma did I spell that right.. So let’s wish for the best outcome and let the Gm and coaches do there jobs!!

Offline dbishop

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 07:39:52 AM »
With the Both 4th rounders now gone!! We got to and better draft wisely cause after the 3rd round at #75 it’s 75 picks away until the 5 round at pick 150!! So I hope Darnell Savage is worth both of them 4th round picks.. I’m still scratching my head on Rashaun Gary.. I believe if Hockenson was still on the board would we have taken him.. I’m not upset with our picks yes giving up both 4ths hurts, but maybe Savage will be a homerun hit.. However!! Whoever we draft is what us Packer fans have too accept and let it play out.. Yes there’s going to be bust that’s going to happen.. Let these coaches and Gm do there jobs. Just remember!! These other guys that we don’t draft.. They can be bust as well!! So I feel these other teams aren’t better than us cause they drafted these top named players!! These players have to have heart and Charisma did I spell that right.. So let’s wish for the best outcome and let the Gm and coaches do there jobs!!

Drafttek has GB taking J. Taylor.

https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Day 2 Live Draft Comments
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 07:47:33 AM »
Green Bay brought in Turner, Cole Madison returned to the team,  I think they believe they can run with what they have and we wont see an OL until later in the draft. I wouldnt be surprised to see Irv Smith Jr. Or D.K. Metcalf with the next pick. Then maybe Henderson out of Memphis in the third. We need another running back that isnt just a street Walker, and TE isnt a dire need because of the 3 we already have, but it could be an investment that pays off.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:54 AM »
Drafttek has GB taking J. Taylor.

https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round2.asp

I forgot about drafttek, nice site.

Medical red flags have popped up on Taylor, so he's probably out.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 08:41:18 AM »
Draft Links thread sticked at the top of this the Draft Talk Forum.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
Needs ILB, RB, TE, QB, Slot WR

Think day 2 picks will come from these position groups.

Got them right on day 1 we went DL and S.

Today BPA I am guessing they go ILB and Slot WR.

WR run will probably start early.  Couple of guys AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, Mecole Hardman

ILB Mack Wilson

TE Warring, Moreau, Sternburger

RB Day 3 have no idea

QB Trade for Rosen?  Be ideal IMO.  Otherwise Lock, Grier, Finley

Possible we double up on S too.  Have starters now but still need another.  Thornhill? or CB and shift Jackson to S?

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
 Gutey is trading up and targeting players, wonder if he offers up next year's picks to move up. Seattle is there near the top of the 2nd.

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
I think we will either move up or back tonight.. I just listenened to a interview by Gutey and it sounds like he has a plan on either moving up or back!! I’m hoping we move back just a few spots to get either and extra 3rd and a 4th back or an extra fifth.. we still have 2 6th round pics so anything is likely.. I want Either Deebo Samuel and Andy Isabella or Hakeem Butler or AJ Brown at WR!! At linebacker Drew Tranquill will be awesome at ILB!! He can do it all... if we draft a RB Dexter Williams!! Jace Sterbrrger will be the TE the Pack is targeting!! An and and if we do go get a QB!! Will Grier to be the back up!! There!! There is some of my thoughts!! Go Pack Go!!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 10:54:04 AM »
Gutey is trading up and targeting players, wonder if he offers up next year's picks to move up. Seattle is there near the top of the 2nd.

Not usually the Packers MO trading future picks.  He is clearly targeting guys.  One thing I can guarantee is by the end of the night we will all be scratching out heads.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »
Turner and Madison are both solid linemen. Unless Risner, Little, or another starter quality guy falls, they may settle on development OT on day three. Taylor has a bad knee, he may be off the board.
Now think about Lock, what if he falls? My word can you imagine the trades that Green Bay will be offered? (At least I would hope they get  those trade request)
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!