September 22, 2019, 04:17:23 PM

Author Topic: Day 2 Live Draft Comments  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
Re: Day 2 Live Draft Comments
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »
On da clock!

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »
Pick is in!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 05:03:33 PM »
Talking trade with the Browns and Patriots.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 05:05:56 PM »
A who?

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
I guess we dont need any skill players this year.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2019, 05:08:43 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Maybe he's medically red flagged. At this point I think that's likely.

EDIT: I don't think I've been this disappointed during a draft.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 05:09:25 PM by claymaker »

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2019, 05:11:00 PM »
Kent Lee Platte
@MathBomb

With the 44th pick in the 2019 NFL Draft, the #Packers select Elgton Jenkins, OC, Mississippi State.

Elgton Jenkins posted a Elite #RAS with  Great size, Great speed, Good explosiveness, Good agility at the OC position.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2019, 05:11:06 PM »
Turner and Madison are both solid linemen. Unless Risner, Little, or another starter quality guy falls, they may settle on development OT on day three. Taylor has a bad knee, he may be off the board.
Now think about Lock, what if he falls? My word can you imagine the trades that Green Bay will be offered? (At least I would hope they get  those trade request)

I think you are correct Hands about the OL prospects. Little and Risner are 2, but I'm going to add a third who I think could strongly be in play at 44. Back at the start of the combine Tony Pauline made a flippant comment on a podcast about a Packers scout telling him that the Packers had a high grade on C/G Elgton Jenkins from Mississippi State and Tony speculated that Jenkins could be an option at the end of the first round for the Packers. I wasn't crazy about that thought, but I did note that and now I don't think 44 would be a bad spot for him.

As I have stated a few times before, by signing Turner who could be the future RT, drafting a player like Jenkins if he the BPA should be on the table.

I will just bump this up to here since many do not actually read the threads.

Online BIG LEGEND

• All Pro
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
6-4 310 / plug and play starter / quick to the second level / was very good at the senior bowl / projected to be able to play all 3 interior spots

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-top-15-interior-ol-for-2019-nfl-draft

The #1 interior OL by PFF... Interesting!

OK, after some quick research, it's a good pick.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2019, 05:31:57 PM »
Wow, Packers draft an offensive player on Day 2!  What is happening?  :)

Nice call, RT,k really interesting that you'd mentioned him and Pauline knew they had a high grade on him. 

He's an old guy, right?  A 5th year fossil?

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 05:33:34 PM »
Vikings take TE Irv Smith. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »
Turner and Madison are both solid linemen. Unless Risner, Little, or another starter quality guy falls, they may settle on development OT on day three. Taylor has a bad knee, he may be off the board.
Now think about Lock, what if he falls? My word can you imagine the trades that Green Bay will be offered? (At least I would hope they get  those trade request)

I think you are correct Hands about the OL prospects. Little and Risner are 2, but I'm going to add a third who I think could strongly be in play at 44. Back at the start of the combine Tony Pauline made a flippant comment on a podcast about a Packers scout telling him that the Packers had a high grade on C/G Elgton Jenkins from Mississippi State and Tony speculated that Jenkins could be an option at the end of the first round for the Packers. I wasn't crazy about that thought, but I did note that and now I don't think 44 would be a bad spot for him.

As I have stated a few times before, by signing Turner who could be the future RT, drafting a player like Jenkins if he the BPA should be on the table.

I will just bump this up to here since many do not actually read the threads.

Duly noted, duly impressed. Good call.And yes, had read the thread, and thought "Where have I heard that name before?"
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2019, 05:39:16 PM »
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-top-15-interior-ol-for-2019-nfl-draft

So, can we now give Gutekunst the benefit of the doubt? Not just you, Donzo, but most of us who tend to overreact if the draft doesn't go the way we expected. I'm as guilty as anyone, so no fingerpointing.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 05:44:52 PM »

They list him at center, and said he looked much more comfortable senior bowl center than guard.  Didn't Lofton announce him as a guard, though? 

I trust the Packers scouting, and assume they are wise.  I think the fact they took an inside guy is pretty interesting. 

I wonder if entering today, they saw a big group of good OL?  But then with four gone before their pick, their pool of OL was running out fast?