September 18, 2019, 09:05:35 PM

Author Topic: Round 2 #44 - Elgton Jenkins G/C  (Read 532 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Round 2 #44 - Elgton Jenkins G/C
« on: April 27, 2019, 08:56:45 AM »

Elgton Jenkins
Center
SCHOOL: MISSISSIPPI STATE | CONFERENCE: SEC
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-4.5 / 310 | 40: 5.18 | DRAFT YR:2019

PROJECTED ROUND
2nd

Pos:
Full-time starter the past two seasons who earned multiple All-America honors as a senior. Tough, slug-it-out blocker who can be used at center or guard. Fires off the snap, quickly gets into blocks and shows strength at the point. Dominant force in the middle of the line who drives defenders from the action and opens up running lanes. Starts with good knee bend and pad level and effectively executes the shotgun snap. Very effective with his hands and keeps his feet moving. Works well with linemates and effectively quarterbacks the offensive line. Nasty and fights to finish blocks.

Neg:
Stiff and struggles to adjust. Often beaten off the snap by opponents.

Analysis:
Jenkins was a terrific college center with a developing game who comes with a high upside. He possesses an NFL build and growth potential and could be a long-time starter if properly developed.

Tony Pauline - Draft Analyst.com

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 310. Arm: 34.25. Hand: 10.00.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05. Three Cone: 7.77.
Bench: 29. Vertical: 28. Broad: 9-1.
Projected Round (2019): 1-3.
4/24/19: Team sources told me they have graded Jenkins in the second round, and he looks like a potential plug-and-play starter in the NFL. Other teams are not as high on Jenkins. He was a steady blocker in the middle of the Mississippi State offensive line in 2018, and his strong play earned him an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Jenkins put together a solid week in Mobile.

At the point of attack, Jenkins is quick to the second level and does a nice job of beating defenders to a spot to wall them off. He is quick, agile, and athletic on the inside with the ability to fire to the second level. Jenkins is very effective at double-team combo blocks with guards and is reliable to get gaps open with his double-team skills. In pass protection, Jenkins has a good anchor with the size to handle bull rushes. He may not grade out as a first-round pick, but he could be a good second-day selection who is a plug-and-play starter in the NFL.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jenkins checks in at 6-foot-4, 304 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 5.05 seconds. His arms measure at 34.25 inches, his hands at 10.13 inches, and his wing span at 83.38 inches.

Jenkins is a athletic and quick interior blocker who has been very impressive for the Bulldogs over the past two seasons. Sources who have done some advance work for the 2019 NFL Draft say that Jenkins has impressed them and possesses early-round potential. Jenkins has good size to be a starting center in the NFL, and it will be interesting to see how he handles the change in offense under the new Mississippi State coaching staff.

Charlie Campbell - Walter Football.com
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 09:02:19 AM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Round 2 #44 - Elgton Jenkins G/C
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:53:50 AM »
Really like this guy.  Smart, and versatile.  My prediction for this guys career will be longer than anybody on the Packers roster.  It may not all be in Green Bay, but I think this guy will be playing for a long time. Just a hunch. Good pick.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 02:11:07 PM »
He very likely will push Lane Taylor for the starting LG spot.

Strength/athleticism/positional versatility/scheme versatility................what more do you want?

A #26 big board ranked player that GB got at #44.

A Blue Light Special!!

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:55:49 AM »
If he doesn't start right away, he will next season for sure. He reminds me of Darryl Hannah of Alabama.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 08:13:14 AM »

Peter Bukowski

Verified account

@Peter_Bukowski
Follow
Follow @Peter_Bukowski

More
One fascinating note from my conversation with @BrandonThornNFL on @lockedonpackers was learning multiple teams believed Elgton Jenkins' best position in the NFL was actually right tackle.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »
If he doesn't start right away, he will next season for sure. He reminds me of Darryl Hannah of Alabama.

I didn't see that comp coming. Old school, that would be nice if it worked out that way. Put me down as for it!

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 09:59:47 AM »
That's because I am old school!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »
reminds me of Darryl Hannah.

Wasn't she in Grumpy Old Men?

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »
That's funny, and I don't know about Grumpy Old Men, but she was in Splash. You're right! Old school means names slip like John Hannah , guard for NE verses John Hannah the actor from Scotland.