July 19, 2019, 06:17:38 PM

Author Topic: Josh Jones wants to be Traded?  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Josh Jones wants to be Traded?
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
Here is what I don't understand....you learn to play a certain way in sports. That doesn't change as you get older and play more advanced level of play. RT, there is no way possible JJ played like that in college, so why do it now when it counts? Can't figure it out.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »
The HaHa Clinton-Dix thing of playing not to get hurt so you can collect on the big second contract. HaHa was Josh's mentor on that line of thinking, but what neither one of them grasp was that you need to perform well to get paid well. You would think HaHa being shutout in FA would turn the light on for the two of them, but maybe not. Who would of ever thought 3 years ago that Adrian Amos would get paid in FA and Clinton-Dix wouldn't. Are you paying attention Josh Jones? Here is a crazy concept, play hard and do your job and you will get paid. 

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2019, 08:51:49 AM »
Everybody is wired differently.  You guys in the Green Bay area probably have connections and people who know people and have sometimes direct or indirect insights into personalities and inside dynamics.  As a distance guy, of course I don't.  I can't really guess what the internal fires are that burn in a man's heart and drive his decisions; and some guys don't really seem to have much fire that burns very brightly at all, or drives them to consistently give max effort. 

I listened through the locker-room interviews from last week, Jones included.  I thought his interview was reasonable.  As he said, he omitted the voluntary, which were voluntary.  I think it's a bit unfair to fault a guy too much for not doing something voluntary!  He said he's got a new baby and as a family man he wanted to stay home, and that he loves his trainer at home. 

My hope is that none of this negativity about Jones ends up making any difference or having any carryover, and that he plays hard and plays well for us. 

It was kinda obvious in the interview that he was a more hostile and snarly interview than other guys.  Adams, Lane Taylor, Geronimo, Martinez, Davis, Bakhti, so many positive, nice, likable, sincere guys.  Jones much more snarly and touchy.  Although perhaps understandably, because he's getting more provocative questions that would naturally put a guy more on the defensive. 

We'll see how it goes.  Hopefully that snarly combativeness plays out as a really active and effective defender.  And obviously guys can have totally different personalities with media than they do within the team. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2019, 01:15:22 PM »
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Jones is only hurting himself and his career. Skipping OTA's is not unforgivable, but the optics ("me first" rather than "team first") puts him in a somewhat negative light.

Add in that he "hurt his hammy" in his pre-mini camp training regimen, and it adds to the negative optics.

Typically you can find other team members who will support players who choose to skip/stay away from team events, like OTA's. But I had a hard time finding anyone who stood with Josh Jones is seeking what he is seeking.

Tramon Williams was about the only one who had anything to say about Josh Jones.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Tramon-Williams-Josh-Jones-trade-request-reaction-132238597/

[But Williams also knows every player in the locker room has to do what's best for him, his family and his future. So when he was asked about the situation going on with safety Josh Jones, he understood what he was going through. However, Williams also knows it's all about the team whenever you step out on the field and in the locker room.
"I mean, I think anybody can understand the frustration, but also got to understand that anytime you step in this building, it's always team first," Williams said after the Packers open organized team activity session this week.
"It's always going to be team first," So as long as you're not in this building, I think you'll hurt yourself. But whenever you're in this building, it's always team first. But I do understand his frustration, and as a player, you have to do what you have to do. You have to some degree look out for yourself. I'll say this one more time: when you're in this building, it's always team first."]

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2019, 04:16:00 AM »
It is interesting that not a single person spoke up on Jones behalf and tried to just smooth it over. Probably tells us all we need to know about the situation.

Craig you state that you thought his interview was reasonable, yet a few sentences later you say he was 'more hostile and snarly'. So hostile and snarly are reasonable? I watched the same interview and saw a guy who was defiant, stubborn and obstinate. I saw no signs of a guy who has any interest in showing up and being a team guy. It would be very surprising to me if he ended up a positive asset for the Packers in any way this coming season.