August 20, 2019, 02:24:51 PM

Author Topic: Position look: EDGE  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Position look: EDGE
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 06:31:29 AM »
I think after this year, Donnerson will allow Green Bay to let Fackman walk. He will surprise many in his play and will take a large leap this year.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »
After missing all of mini camps with injury, Greg Roberts will start TC on the PUP.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2019, 05:36:47 PM »
There goes the season....come on RT, no more bad news! ::)
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 06:23:05 AM »
There goes the season....come on RT, no more bad news! ::)

The season is lost! Time to start thinking about tanking to get the 1st overall pick in 2020.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2019, 09:04:01 AM »
I think after this year, Donnerson will allow Green Bay to let Fackman walk. He will surprise many in his play and will take a large leap this year.

Donnerson will be interesting to see how he has developed, but unless he comes up with another pass rush move outside of his lead with his face move from a year ago his pro career may be short lived. 

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 07:54:11 PM »
Excerpts from today's practice with Houston related to Edge and defensive line men.

Rookie edge rusher Rashan Gary was on the field for a number of first-team snaps, especially during a third-down team drill. The Packers put him, Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith and Kenny Clark on the field together and often collapsed the pocket around DeShaun Watson. That front is going to be hard to block in obvious passing situations, especially if Gary turns his strong camp into season production.

– Kyler Fackrell enjoyed a dominant stretch during a competitive team drill. He abused the second-team offensive line of the Texans and blew up a handful of passing plays. If he’s the Packers’ fourth-best edge rusher in 2019, they’ll be in great shape.

– Montravius Adams delivered his best practice of camp. He was a big problem for the middle of the Texans offensive line. Too quick and strong.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »
Tahnks for those, Bruce.  Hadn't seen the notes on Fackrell and Adams. 

Kind of fun to have some guys seeming to stack some success. 

In Fackrell's case, his sacks last year came out of nowhere, and given how few pressures he had and how flukish his sack-per-pressure ratio was, I think it's really easy to envision that as having been a fluke, and that he's going to be ineffective.  But it would be fun if his improvement last year was real, and if he's continuing to improve further, both skills-wise and also physically.  (I've seen note that he looks great physically, stronger than last year.)  Of course his usage is going to change, and I thanks sack numbers fluctuate without necessarily correlating greatly with overall play.  But I'm hopeful that even assuming his sack numbers dive, that his overall effectiveness, and pressure rate, will further improve.