December 06, 2019, 04:56:54 AM

Author Topic: The 53 Game  (Read 4577 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
The 53 Game
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:06:28 AM »
Time for people to project their opening night rosters. This is the pre training camp version and then we will have a post training camp version. We will combine your correct selections of the two and the winner will receive a priceless (imaginary) trophy and be crowned the roster selection god of the universe. An honor greater than receiving a Noble Prize so chose wisely Packers faithful, much is at stake.

My 53.

QB - (3) Aaron Rodgers, Tim Boyle, DeShone Kizer

RB - (3) Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Dexter Williams

WR - (7) Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, Trevor Davis, Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow

TE - (3) Jace Sternberger, Jimmy Graham, Robert Tonyan

OL - (9) David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spriggs, Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Lane Taylor, Alex Light, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick

DL - (6) Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry, Kingley Keke, Tyler Lancaster

EDGE - (5) Rashan Gary, Kyler Fackrell, Greg Roberts, Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith

ILB - (4) Blake Martinez, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, James Crawford

CB - (6) Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Josh Jackson, Ka'Dar Hollman, Tramon Williams, Tony Brown

S - (4) Darnell Savage, Raven Greene, Adrian Amos, Natrell Jamerson

K - (1) Mason Crosby

P - (1) JK Scott

LS - (1) Hunter Bradley   

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: The 53 Game
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:52:55 AM »
I'm guessing from your early attempt RT,  that we can publish several attempts. If that is allowed, one rule necessary to determine a winner is that the latest 53 prediction of any poste,r automatically overrides all his/her earlier efforts.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:17:56 AM »
I'm guessing from your early attempt RT,  that we can publish several attempts. If that is allowed, one rule necessary to determine a winner is that the latest 53 prediction of any poste,r automatically overrides all his/her earlier efforts.

I really didn't give this a whole lot of thought.

One attempt each time, pre draft and post draft. To promote early entries, the tie-breaker will go to the earliest entry in the pre training camp round (my early entry excluded). Trying to get some roster discussion going without the same 3 or 4 people posting a different 53 every few days and it becoming a thread where people eyes just glaze over in a short time. Be bold and be a leader out of the clubhouse.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »
I guess if we are going to get anyone to post on this before July 24th I will need to alter the rules a bit. How about a limit of 2 attempts pre training camp with the second attempt (if a person does a 2nd) being the one used for scoring. With one attempt post training camp.

Just trying to avoid the guys trying to post every possible scenario.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:05:33 PM »
Sounds good, I'll try to figure one out.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:46:25 AM »
Ok, here's my first list. Too early but best I could think of after mini-camp. Also, prediction- Receiver gets hurt and the Packers stash Moore so they can call him back.

QB - (3) Aaron Rodgers, Tim Boyle,

RB - (3) Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Dexter Williams, Vitale

WR - (7) Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, Trevor Davis, Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow

TE - (3) Jace Sternberger, Jimmy Graham, Robert Tonyan, Mercedes Lewis

OL - (9) David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spriggs, Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Lane Taylor, Cole Madison, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick

DL - (6) Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry, Kingley Keke, Tyler Lancaster

EDGE - (5) Rashan Gary, Kyler Fackrell, Greg Roberts, Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith

CB - (6) Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Josh Jackson, Ka'Dar Hollman, Tramon Williams, Tony Brown

K - (1) Mason Crosby

P - (1) JK Scott

LS - (1) Hunter Bradley   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 09:12:24 AM »
WOW, how could you possibly pick player X to make the team after knowing that his mother was seen in church wearing a mini-skirt and army boots last week. Obvious family character issues run deep there, would be a bad locker room guy. And player Y was found out during his back ground check to have attempted to eat fish with a spoon as a 8 YO, obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. And don't even get me started on player Z, his issues are too many to even bother listing, no chance with him making the team.     

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »
A few questions Hands. How strongly do you feel about 2 QB's versus 3? What about the Cole Madison versus Light and/or McCray battle, tight or Madison's to lose?

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
WOW, how could you possibly pick player X to make the team after knowing that his mother was seen in church wearing a mini-skirt and army boots last week. Obvious family character issues run deep there, would be a bad locker room guy. And player Y was found out during his back ground check to have attempted to eat fish with a spoon as a 8 YO, obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed. And don't even get me started on player Z, his issues are too many to even bother listing, no chance with him making the team.   
RT, player X's Mom is a great looker, come on no way he doesn't make the team. Y does remind me of another Green Bay player...Torence Marshall, ILB from OK.  Z was just a WAG. Had to have 53 guys!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
RT, player X's Mom is a great looker, come on no way he doesn't make the team. Y does remind me of another Green Bay player...Torence Marshall, ILB from OK.  Z was just a WAG. Had to have 53 guys!

Well Hands I just saw the pictures of X's mom on the WWW and I may have been a bit hasty with my judgement. See is a smokin' hottie in that mini-skirt and the army boots do seem to accentuate the complete outfit. As for Y and Z, I stand by my first take and I am still completely out on those two.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »
A few questions Hands. How strongly do you feel about 2 QB's versus 3? What about the Cole Madison versus Light and/or McCray battle, tight or Madison's to lose?
I think the Packers find out if Boyle has something to offer and if so they may trade Kizer. Either way...w/o Rodgers, the team will only go as far as the defense takes them.
The oline is the second most improved position during the offseason. I think Madison will be a little rusty, but after pads go on, he'll be there at the end. Light , who I really like, McCray, and Patrick all have their strengths and weakness...but Madison, Turner and even Jenkins along with Spriggs makes the oline a very competitive position group.
I see trades regarding Moore, Jones, Kizer and maybe McCray for a TE/HB or future draft picks.

The one position I really can't figure is the TE group. I still see another guy coming on board.

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 03:01:45 PM »

Well Hands I just saw the pictures of X's mom on the WWW and I may have been a bit hasty with my judgement. See is a smokin' hottie in that mini-skirt and the army boots do seem to accentuate the complete outfit. As for Y and Z, I stand by my first take and I am still completely out on those two.
You're funny RT!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 07:00:55 PM »
Time for people to project their opening night rosters. This is the pre training camp version and then we will have a post training camp version. We will combine your correct selections of the two and the winner will receive a priceless (imaginary) trophy and be crowned the roster selection god of the universe. An honor greater than receiving a Noble Prize so chose wisely Packers faithful, much is at stake.

My 53.

WR - (7) Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, Trevor Davis, Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow

OL - (9) David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spriggs, Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Lane Taylor, Alex Light, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick

K - (1) Mason Crosby

P - (1) JK Scott

LS - (1) Hunter Bradley

Like it pretty good guess.  Hands too...Think they would like to keep Lewis.  Neither of you have Josh Jones making the squad.  Curious?  Nah I agree Gute will probably trade him if we can get at least a 6th. If he doesn't shape up he might just get straight up cut. Injuries are always a factor.  So might be a little different after training camp.  I  wouldn't cry if Kizer doesn't make the cut.  Probably giving up on him too early but he's really shown that he's nothing but a turnover machine.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
This is my 'gettin' the cart ahead of the horse with much yet to be determined' 53.

FB - (1) Danny Vitale

WR - (6) Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, J'Mon Moore, Trevor Davis, Geronimo Allison

OL - (10) David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Cole Madison, Lane Taylor, Alex Light, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick, Yosh Nijman

DL - (6) Kenny Clark, Montravius Adams, Dean Lowry, Kingley Keke, Tyler Lancaster, James Looney

EDGE - (5) Rashan Gary, Kyler Fackrell, Greg Roberts (PUP), Za’Darius Smith, Preston Smith

ILB - (4) Blake Martinez, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, Curtis Bolton

CB - (7) Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Josh Jackson, Ka'Dar Hollman, Kabion Ento, Tramon Williams, Tony Brown

S - (4) Darnell Savage, Raven Greene, Adrian Amos, Ibraheim Campbell (PUP)

K - (1) Mason Crosby

P - (1) JK Scott

LS - (1) Hunter Bradley

Yes that is 55, but Roberts and Campbell start the season on the PUP. Burks probably makes the original 53 and then is placed on IR with Crawford signed back to the 53 to replace him.   

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »

My 53.

INSTEAD: Adams, Valdes-Scantling, St. Brown, Allison, Kumerow, Lazard, Shepherd

OL - (9) David Bakhtiari, Bryan Bulaga, Jason Spriggs (not on the team), Corey Linsley, Elgton Jenkins, Lane Taylor, Alex Light, Billy Turner, Lucas Patrick

INSTEAD: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Linsley, Jenkins, Taylor, Light, Turner, Patrick, Madison

INSTEAD: Martinez, Bolton; Crawford, Summers (or pickups from elsewhere)

K - (1) Mason Crosby

P - (1) JK Scott

LS - (1) Hunter Bradley
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid