August 20, 2019, 02:11:36 PM

Author Topic: Training Camp  (Read 3592 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Training Camp
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 03:56:49 AM »
Practice 13 (8/11):

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/11/packers-training-camp-practice-roundup-august-11/

Hope ESB isn’t out too long.

Cheeseheadtv does an even better job of daily camp summaries, but they don’t come out as fast as Packerswire.

https://m.cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-practice-roundup-day-13-august-11-2019-746

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 11:54:58 AM »
A tidbit from CheeseheadTV.

LaFleur says J’Mon Moore “came out with a whole different energy” in today’s practice after so-so preseason opener. Called today his best practice all year. “If he attacks practice like he did today, with that energy and that attitude, he’s a talented guy.”  Wood

This sounds familiar, like James Jones the first few years in GB. He'd make a difficult catch with tight coverage, then drop two easy passes with loose coverage. Then, the light came on, and he became a reliable receiver. Maybe the same thing is starting to happen with Moore. Because right now, he will be lucky to make the roster because of ST's play. The next three exhibition games will be crucial to him.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »
The Packers have 12 of 90 players standing and watching practice today with a variety of bumps and dings. So I thought this comment by Gutes this morning my have been a shot fired in the air with a purpose.

GM Brian Gutekunst: "Availability and durability are not only talents, but also skills to be developed. That's part of being a professional, getting out there each and every day."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
Thanks, Danno!  Sounds like Rodgers has been throwing well this camp.  Man I sure hope he stays healthy for a while.  And that the running game isn't killing his throwing. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »

Andy Herman

@SconnieSports
Follow
Follow @SconnieSports

More

Jimmy Graham just jammed his finger and runs off the field into the training room. Hey may have just broke a finger.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2019, 02:41:25 PM »
The Packers have 12 of 90 players standing and watching practice today with a variety of bumps and dings. So I thought this comment by Gutes this morning my have been a shot fired in the air with a purpose.

GM Brian Gutekunst: "Availability and durability are not only talents, but also skills to be developed. That's part of being a professional, getting out there each and every day."

So, should Kevin King rest his hamstring until it's fully healed? Or should he "man up", "gut it out" and get back on the field ASAP? Which would be wiser? To me, it's obvious- wait until he's fully healed, then hope he can stay that way for an entire season. Or, if he can't stay healthy, move on and hope he doesn't become the next Casey Heyward for another team.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2019, 03:57:18 PM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2019, 07:02:46 AM »

So, should Kevin King rest his hamstring until it's fully healed? Or should he "man up", "gut it out" and get back on the field ASAP? Which would be wiser? To me, it's obvious- wait until he's fully healed, then hope he can stay that way for an entire season. Or, if he can't stay healthy, move on and hope he doesn't become the next Casey Heyward for another team.

I did not single out King, you did. I'm not his Doctor and none of us know if he is injured or if he is sore. If he is injured he needs time to heal, if he is sore he needs to 'man up'. My comment said 'bumps and dings' and guys with 'bumps and dings' need to suck it up and get out there and practice. Is it just a coincidence that Jamaal Williams, Malcolm Johnson, Evan Baylis, Fadol Brown, Trevor Davis all returned to practice after Gutes comment? Working with soreness is part of being a professional.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2019, 11:28:06 AM »

The issue with King shouldnt be how fast he gets back.  Its how often he gets hurt.  He should wait the full time to heal, but if he can't tie his shoes with getting hurt that has to be considered for his future.  He's making peanuts so my guess is he'll be around through 2020.  Depending on his performance, he very well could end up some other teams ice tub after 2020 unless he gets traded before that.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 11:30:53 AM by The GM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2019, 12:16:01 PM »
I find myself on the fence with King.

While there is much frustration/consternation with his continuing health issue, his talent and what he could bring to the field (when healthy) may be the determining factor on whether he stays or goes.

As for the moment, what we don't know is if he's being held out by the team doctors/trainers, or is it just him? Hamstrings are funny/fickle things and if you come back too fast you could really mess that thing up long term...…….maybe even to the point of surgery or career ending issue.

IMO, if he's not playing/practicing right now, it's not because he's wuss'in out, it's more likely the powers that be are making him rest/rehab it.

Frustrating? Yes, absolutely.
But what else can the kid do?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2019, 02:21:39 PM »

While there is much frustration/consternation with his continuing health issue, his talent and what he could bring to the field (when healthy) may be the determining factor on whether he stays or goes.

As for the moment, what we don't know is if he's being held out by the team doctors/trainers, or is it just him? Hamstrings are funny/fickle things and if you come back too fast you could really mess that thing up long term...…….maybe even to the point of surgery or career ending issue.

IMO, if he's not playing/practicing right now, it's not because he's wuss'in out, it's more likely the powers that be are making him rest/rehab it.

What could happen is that King feels pressure (self imposed or otherwise) to get back onto the field ASAP. That if he feels he can "gut it out", he'll prove he wants to play. Would MLF's comment have a bearing on that decision? Right now, King's problem is similar to Bulaga: terrific player when healthy. CMIII went through this quite a bit also. The question becomes, how patient are the Packers going to be with a player who is injury prone? Two years in the league, and he's only played in 15 games. This could definitely be a "make or break" season for him. Still, the best thing he could do is let the hammy heal as completely as possible, and hopefully the trainers can help him stay healthy.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2019, 06:25:44 PM »

What could happen is that King feels pressure (self imposed or otherwise) to get back onto the field ASAP. That if he feels he can "gut it out", he'll prove he wants to play. Would MLF's comment have a bearing on that decision? Right now, King's problem is similar to Bulaga: terrific player when healthy. CMIII went through this quite a bit also. The question becomes, how patient are the Packers going to be with a player who is injury prone? Two years in the league, and he's only played in 15 games. This could definitely be a "make or break" season for him. Still, the best thing he could do is let the hammy heal as completely as possible, and hopefully the trainers can help him stay healthy.

The hammy will likely never go away, especially for a corner.  It has to be managed, and can play with you mentally, not giving your all and being afraid of reinjury.  In those 17 games, King has 1 career pick.  Thats one more than the Curly Lambeau statue outside of the stadium.  This is a big year for him, he needs to get healthy, stay healthy and perform.