August 20, 2019, 01:31:42 PM

Author Topic: Bears camp and their problems  (Read 345 times)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Bears camp and their problems
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:30:48 AM »
I live about twenty minutes from Bourbannais, been to one bears practice to watch and listen to ESPN 1000 who is camped out down there.  Everyone seems to have crowned them as Super bowl champs. I don't think they go can anywhere with Ryan Leaf #2 at QB as well as a weak OL.  During practices the defense has been blitzing him alot and he has failed to pick up blitzes resulting in 16 interceptions during camp.  I think their defense is over-rated and we have improved tremendously at OL as well as other positions.  Our defense could have two or three Khalil Mack equivalents and that my friends is scary.  (I've been waiting for that for a long time, as my posts have begged for a pass rush).

They have two good kickers in camp, but then the media started hyping them and the next day in practice they each duck hooked several field goals!  I sense this will haunt the bears this season!!!!

We have to take advantage of our running game especially with Mercedes Lewis's blocking ability and the addition of Billy Turner (Yeah, he's turning out to be a mauler, just what the OL needs!)  Throw in the RB's with the kid from ND, Vitale, and two new pickups and all of sudden our offense is scary, also.

Remember the Bears were injury free last year.  Not wishing bad luck on them, but it is very difficult to survive an NFL season without at least one significant injury.   They are having problems with both tight ends and injury. When we played them the second time in Soldier field, we lost by 7 and were quite banged up.  I remain quite optimistic about opening day in Chicago!!!    GO PACK!!!